Although it was autumn, the snow was already beginning to fall in Tibet. Our legs were so heavy and cold that they felt like blocks of ice. Have you ever seen snowmen ride bicycles? That's what we looked like! Along the way children dressed in long

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

THE STORY OF AN EYEWITNESS by Jack London Never before in history has a city been so completely destroyed. San Francisco is gone. Nothing is left of it but memories and some houses far from the centre of the city. Its businesses are gone. The factori

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

ELIAS STORY My name is Elias. I am a poor black worker in South Africa. The time when I first met Nelson Mandela was a very difficult period of my life. I was twelve years old. It was in 1952 and Mandela was the black lawyer to whom I went for advic

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Body language is one of the most powerful means of communication, often even more powerful than spoken language. People around the world show all kinds of feelings, wishes and attitudes that they might never speak aloud. It is possible to read other

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Which theme park would you like to visit? There are various kinds of theme parks, with a different park for almost everything: food, culture, science, cartoons, movies or history. Some parks are famous for having the biggest or longest roller coaster

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Although he is one of China's most famous scientists, Yuan Longping considers himself a farmer, for he works the land to do his research. Indeed, his sunburnt face and arms and his slim, strong body are just like those of millions of Chinese farmers

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Pausanias, who was a Greek writer about 2,000 years ago, has come on a magical journey on March 18th, 2007 to find out about the present-day Olympic Games. He is now interviewing Li Yan, a volunteer for the 2008 Olympic Games. P: My name is Pausania

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

What is a fact? Is it something that people believe? No. A fact is anything that can be proved. For example, it can be proved that China has more people than any other country in the world. This is a fact. Then what is an opinion? An opinion is what

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Have you ever wanted to be part of a band as a famous singer or musician? Have you ever dreamed of playing in front of thousands of people at a concert, at which everyone is clapping and appreciating your music? Do you sing karaoke and pretend you a

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

My name is Hua Fei and I am a sporting robot of the 23rd century. I am an expert at high flying exercises. I jump from spaceships and as I fall I turn, dive, circle and dance until I softly land as close as I can to the finishing line. Robot competi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Not long after Freddy and the band became famous, they visited Britain on a brief tour. Fans showed their devotion by waiting for hours to get tickets for their concerts. Freddy was now quite confident when he went into a concert hall. He enjoyed si

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语