A: Sarah. You look terrible. What's wrong? B: My grandmother just passed away. A: I'm so sorry to hear that. When did this happen? B: A couple of days ago. I just go back from the funeral. A: Is there anything I can do? B: No... not really. The sad t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 中级-Intermediate Listening

[00:06.86]We'll let you know. 我们会通知你的 [00:26.98]-Russ is here. -Okay. -拉斯在这儿 -好 [00:29.74]-Where's Mike? -lnside. -迈克呢? -在里面 [00:38.90]-Dave. -Hi, Russ. -戴维 -嗨,拉斯 [00:39.70]He's upstairs. He's still

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-天气预报员

My brother and my father died. I went to your funerals. I know. No, you don't. 我哥哥和我爸爸都死了。我参加了你们的葬礼我知道。不,你不知道。 Mom had Walter, and I had no one. 妈妈有沃尔特,我谁都没有。 You

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

模仿文本:And it's 65 years since the funeral of Mahatma Gandhi, the man Indians call the Father of their nation. Louise Hidalgo has been talking to the daughter of the last British Viceroy of India, who is among the mourners. 译文:圣雄甘地

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

By Paul Thompson Broadcast: November 28, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a young woman named Virginia Patterson Hensley. No one but her fam

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

一位知道关于Beckett母亲被谋杀一案详细情节的刺客在被从监区被押到审讯室的时候逃跑了,于是Beckett和Castle不得不追踪他的下落。Montgomery队长透漏自己就是知道真相的第三个警察。但是当他

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 灵书妙探 第三季

不要忽略小小的标点符号,有时候标点的改变,往往会影响整个语意的变化,现在就来看看四级语法之小标点大学问吧。 不知道你有没有看过这样一个小故事:在一个大雨天,客人来投宿,于

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

Burials of Orlando Shooting Victims Begin 奥兰多枪击受害者举行葬礼 Some victims of the mass shooting in the United States are being buried this weekend. Forty-nine people were shot to death Sunday at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. T

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

世界领导人参加李光耀葬礼 BANGKOK Dozens of world leaders will be in Singapore on Sunday for the state funeral of the small country's first prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew. Lee was greatly admired in the region where other leaders sought to e

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

各国领导人参加李光耀葬礼 BANGKOK Dozens of world leaders will be in Singapore on Sunday for the state funeral of the small country's first prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew. Lee was greatly admired in the region where other leaders sought to e

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

John Smith, 56, died earlier this week. He died of a heart attack. He didn't show up to work on Monday. His boss called his home phone and cell phone. There was no answer. On Tuesday, his boss called again. Again, there was no answer. Then his boss c

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

A: Sarah. You look terrible. What's wrong? B: My grandmother just passed away. A: I'm so sorry to hear that. When did this happen? B: A couple of days ago. I just go back from the funeral. A: Is there anything I can do? B: No... not really. The sad t

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 对话类英语听力

Akane: Hey, Ruth. Ruth: Hi, Akane. Akane: So, um, how big is your immediate family? Ruth: Ah, there are four of us. Akane: Four people, OK. Whose in it? Ruth: Not big really. Well, there's my mum and my dad and my older brother and then there's me. A

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

He loves chocolate chip cookies 他爱吃巧克力块曲奇 An old man was laying on his death bed. He had only hours to live when he suddenly smelled chocolate chip cookies. He loved chocolate chip cookies more than anything else in the world. With

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

黑色来自黑暗体验,使人感到神秘、恐怖、空虚、绝望,有精神压抑感。同时一直以来人类对黑暗有所敬畏,所以黑色有庄重肃穆感。 有这样一个例子:过去英国伦敦的菲里埃大桥的桥身是黑

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

I'll take care of my attendance. 我以后会注意出勤的 take care of... 照顾;注意;抚养 Don't worry about me,I can take care of myself. 不要担心我,我能照顾我自己。 We need to take care of our bodies. 我们需要注意自己

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

Not a drum was heard, not a funeral note, 没有鼓鸣,没有葬礼哀乐, As his corse to the rampart we hurried; 我们匆忙地,将战友掩埋, Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot 没有枪声,送行英雄, Oer the grave where

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. 一直想炫耀一下这块表,我总是拿它来炫耀。 It's my antique pocket watch, and it makes me look British, and I need that for my analysis. 这是我的古董怀表,它让我带有英

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 伍迪单口相声精选

BBC News At least 1,500 people haveprotested in the Philippines against plans to move the body of disgraced formerPresident Ferdinand Marcos to the National Heroes' Cemetery in Manila.President Rodrigo Duterte decided last week it could be transferre

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

favorable a.有利的 Do not take any action until the situation is favorable to us.=Do not take any action until the situation is in our favor. 直到情况对我们有利之后再采取任何行动。 favorably adv.有利地 Teddy reviewed the musi

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(304) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500