All of Greenfield seemed to be jammed into the Bugbees old stable for the House and Hands auction. The Alden children strolled through the excited crowd. Unlike the grown-ups, they passed right by the displays of old furniture, mirrors, paintings, to

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 85 Disappearing Staircase Myst

In about an hour the two Alden boys went out to wait for the pilot. They were not a minute too soon, for the pilot was early. Suddenly they heard the roar of the helicopter. It hovered right over them. The pilot waved to them. First he dropped the bu

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 13 Snowbound Mystery

Melody shrieked. Sarah, who was in the wings when the light crashed, turned pale. Jim jumped onto the stage. How did this happen? he demanded, turning to Henry and Stuart. Both boys gave him a blank look. Nancy came out of the wings onto the stage. D

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

Sky was right. Mary was a changed person when she returned from her flight. Ill never again condemn something I know nothing about, she said. Then, she offered to take posters announcing the rally to every store in town. Ill even put them up out near

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 47 The Mystery of the Hot Air

The next morning when the Aldens got up, the apartment was empty. Gee, I wonder where Mr. and Mrs. Diggs went, Henry said when he realized the Aldens were alone in the apartment. Todays the day for us to meet Dr. Pettibone. Jessie found a message on

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 44 The Dinosaur Mystery

These book tables are as well organized as a library, Miss Chase told the Aldens the next day. Im glad to see Violet reading one of her fairy tales because some of these books have been sitting in this shop unread for decades. Henry laid down an armf

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

The bus for Greenfield was right on time. Quite a few people got on the bus. A man asked the driver, You stop at the junction, dont you? Thats right, the driver said. Ill call out the name when we get there. But you just stop there to let passengers

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Fox Den Road was narrow and twisted. Benny didnt take any chances with his wagon or Patches as the Aldens walked along. He kept his red wagon as far to the side as he could so that cars could get by. Screech! Screech! Everyone heard the noise when th

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 22 The Animal Shelter Mystery

The first thing the children did the next morning was eat their breakfast and then hurry to the exercise room. Tom, his sturdy legs pumping, sat astride a stationary bicycle. He wore a sweat band, but perspiration still poured down his face. Good mor

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Its just a box full of plastic bags, Violet said when Henry opened the metal box. No money? Benny asked. He stood on his tiptoes so he could see inside the box. No money, Henry said. But it looks like there are things inside the bags. What kind of th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 113 The Box That Watch Found

A police officer raced past the Aldens, almost crashing into Henry. She didnt even see him. The police officer disappeared around the corner. The Aldens looked back in the direction from which the officer had come. They saw a man and a woman standing

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 65 The Cereal Box Mystery

A tanned boy with shaggy brown hair had just stopped at the lemonade stand as Henry, Benny and Jessie arrived. Hed loosened the straps of his blue bicycle helmet and had it pushed back. He was wearing dark glasses and shiny black bicycling shorts. Hi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

CHAPTER 4 At the Big Table Lets all sit at the big table, said Henry. Then we can talk. I dont want to talk. I want to eat! shouted Mike. Then you can keep still all you want, said Benny. Well do the talking. But Ill say something if I want to, argue

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 5 迈克的谜案 Mike's Mystery

What a rush! Next day the Aldens went dashing around buying food and packing their things. By noon they were ready to go. When they were leaving, Watch, the dog, trotted along with Jessie. He was ready to go, too. You cant come, old boy, said Henry.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 11 Caboose Mystery

At last the Aldens saw the store. There were a few small houses on the other side of the store. Jessie looked down the road. She said, This looks like a small village. Benny read the sign: NELSONS STORE He said, I think the Nelsons must live upstairs

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 13 Snowbound Mystery

Wow! Benny said as the Aldens entered the lobby. It was decorated with thick carpeting, large comfortable chairs, and flowered wallpaper. And it was bustling with activity. There were people rushing out the door or into one of the elevators. Guests w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 38 The Mystery of the Purple P

Four shivering children stood next to a big black stove. They were all wrapped up in white towels. I think my hat blew a-w-w-w-a-y, six-year-old Benny Alden said through chattering teeth. I hope it didnt land in the ocean! James Alden, the childrens

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 39 The Ghost Ship Mystery

Look! Soo Lee shouted. Sitting in the back of Skys van, she pointed out the window. Its a balloon! Benny exclaimed. To their right, a brightly colored balloon drifted high above the trees. Who could that be? Matt wondered. Behind the wheel, Sky was n

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 47 The Mystery of the Hot Air

Next to be auctioned is this toy boxcar, a man yelled to the crowd in the courtyard. A fine thing for a fine boy or girl. Do I hear a dollar? Benny Alden wriggled in his seat. He was so excited he could hardly sit still. He reached into the pocket of

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

Wait Outside! Listenlisten to this! said Benny Alden. He was reading the newspaper after breakfast. Science and Hobby Fair. Oakdale, July 2526. The last days today! A two-day science and hobby fair? asked Jessie. That sounds interesting. Id like to g

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery