The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted yesterday to relax the government's rules concerning net neutrality. The vote was 3-2, with three Republicans voting to repeal the rules and two Democrats voting to keep them in place. The repeal won't

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年1月

LOS ANGELES What happens when a piano is combined with technology? 当音乐与技术相结合,会碰撞出怎样的火花? Kids or anybody could learn how to play the piano really properly from the best musicians in the world.Wireless Communicatio

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

Three people have been confirmed dead after gunfire ended a 16-hour hostage siege at a Sydney cafe. Police say the dead include the gunman and two of the 17 hostages. Four others were wounded. The two dead hostages have been identified as a 34-year-o

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

史蒂夫.凯斯是全美最大的网络服务商美国在线(AOL)的创始人,下面是他在北卡罗莱那大学教堂山分校2013年毕业典礼上的演讲视频及演讲稿,他告诉学生们,要学着做一个进攻者。

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

A: Hello, Sir. You're here to discuss the Network Settlement Service, right? 您好,先生。您是来商量网络结算业务的,对吗? B: Yes, that's right. We want as much info as possible before we agree to anything. 是的,没错。在我

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

今天我们要学的词是cyber Monday。 Cyber Monday, 网络星期一。感恩节过后有Black Friday, 黑色星期五,是购物高潮,随着网上购物的便利,感恩节过后的星期一也逐渐发展成Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is no

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是up someone's alley。Alley, 是小径的意思,而up someone's alley意思是正合某人的胃口。今天是美国感恩节后的第一个星期一,店家在网上大打折扣,叫做网络星期一。 If you hate wa

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

AS IT IS 2014-11-25 US Politicians Debate 'Net Neutrality' 美国政客辩论网络中立 Another political fight is taking shape in Washington, D.C. At issue: proposed changes to the way the Internet is regulated in the United States. One side wants

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Online Access Spurs Popularity of Gift Registries 网络心愿礼物单在美国流行 Once upon a time in America, people receiving gifts had no idea what was wrapped in the pretty paper. Surprise was part of the delight. The givers chose presents w

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Cyber War Rages Between Iran, US 美国与伊朗之间的网络战争 LONDON A newly published report indicates Iran and the United States have increased their cyber attacks on each other, even as their top diplomats are working toward an agreement t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(三月)

Cyber War for US, Syria? 美国,叙利亚存在网络战争? WASHINGTON The Syrian government and its allies are widely believed to be using cyber attacks to target members of the opposition. Meanwhile, the Obama administration reportedly has been

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

Topic1 E-credit card is HaltedThe People's Bank of China issued a statement on Friday that halted virtual credit card products and face-to-face payment services, including QR code payments, ruling that this line of business was too risky. According t

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

今天我们要学的词是censor。Censor, 意思是审查后删减,通常指删减掉电影,网络,书籍中被认为影响不良的内容。最近美国好几个网站强烈抗议国会的反盗版提案。 Critics from websites such as Wiki

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是hack。 Hack, 意思是非法侵入,常用在网络中。美国联邦调查局逮捕了一名35岁男子。 The man allegedly hacked into the personal email accounts of 50 victims, including many celebrities, 这名男子涉

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The Internet Needs A Tune-Up So, the internet is really a network of networks that underlies CRItically so many things in our lives. But really 50 years ago it was an experiment that escaped from the lab. And it wasnt really designed to be the global

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人4月

I feel like I was being taken advantage of in a sense. Just as a customer coming in to get their food, it felt like a power move. They already changed the policies overnight or whatever. I didn't think that a Whopper would really open my eyes up to n

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

The viral proposals have sparked heated online discussion on appropriate punishment for child abduction and trafficking. Wang Xizi, the deputy head of Peking University Law School, says this discussion is a good thing. In my opinion, the huge emotion

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Ya?l: How's it going, Don? D: OK, I guess. Y: What's wrong? D: Well, I've been getting headaches lately, and my neck and shoulders are kinda sore. Y: It sounds like you have the classic symptoms of computer vision syndrome. D: Really? I can see why s

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16