- 15 - earnest a.热心的,诚挚的 n.热心;真挚;定金;认真 ease v.减轻;使舒适,使安心 n.容易;舒适,悠闲 Easter n.复活节 ebb vi.衰退,减退 n.处于低潮,处于衰退状态 eccentric a.古怪的,怪癖的,异乎寻常的n.古怪的人 echo v./n.回声,反响,共鸣 eclipse n.日食,月食 e

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 俞敏洪07年考研英语词汇

[00:13.62]What about my stuff? 那我的东西呢? [00:14.86]got thrown out 被扔掉了 [00:16.54]all of it, even my encyclopedias? 所有的,包括我的百科全书? [00:21.22]Look, pumpkin, I'm really sorry, you know, they boardered the who

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-风雨哈佛路

在这个信息时代,你会拿一本过时的百科全书做些什么?艺术家布莱恩德特门手握着一把美工刀,并拥有一双翻新旧书的独到眼光,他将旧书制作成精致且出人意料的雕塑,让旧书重新焕发生

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:艺术与幻觉

You've probably seen encyclopedias. Whether you're settling an argument or researching a school project, these books can hold the answers. These days though, the world moves so fast, it's hard for books that were written months or years ago to keep u

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

Wikipedia is one of the most important websites on the Internet today, but you might be surprised to learn that it began as a side project of another online encyclopedia. That was called Nupedia, to be a traditional encyclopedia written by experts, f

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Musical Prodigy Emily Bear Wows Audiences Worldwide While most kids her age are hanging out at the mall, playing video games, or carpooling with friends for a weekend of movies and soccer games, Emily is preparing for her next television or concert a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

10 Friedrich Hegel 弗里德里希黑格尔 Hegel was born in Stuttgart on August 27,1770, the son of an official. 黑格尔于1770年8月27日出生于斯图加特,其父亲是一名官员, Urged by his pietist father to enter the clergy, he reg

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

迷你对话: A: Can you please give me a hand? I cant carry the heavy box. 请你帮帮忙好吗?我搬不动那个重箱子。 B: Im afraid not. Dont you see Im looking up a word in the dictionary? 我恐怕帮不了你,你没看见我在查字

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

It is likely that our entry on China is shorter than our entry on Harry Potter too. 中国 条目的长度可能都超不过哈利波特 But thats more because we have a short overview article on China and then break out specific topics into separate

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

Pre-Listening Vocabulary gender-neutral: does not identify a person as being male or female personal pronoun: a word that is used to identify a specific person or thing awkward: uncomfortable propose: to make a recommendation fad: something that is p

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Tell me something. How do you ask a girl out? Simple, you open the door and say, get out, you are bothering me. No, I mean like on a date. Well, Eric uses the shotgun approach. He just keeps dialing random numbers till he hears the word yes. Sounds l

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 听美剧学英语-《淘小子看世界》

E-books Catch on at Public Library Complete the following sentence: You go to the library to check out . . . . .? The obvious answer is books. But a harder question might be, What do we mean by book? Electronic books or e-books, have established a fi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Encyclopedias Survive by Going Online The other day, a few of us here at VOA got to talking about occupations that have grown obsolete, or nearly so, in these fast-changing times. Typewriter repair technician for one. And typist, come to think of it.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Friedrich Hegel 弗里德里希黑格尔 Hegel was born in Stuttgart on August 27,1770, the son of an official. Urged by his pietist father to enter the clergy, he registered in the Tubingen Lutheran seminary in 1788. A fair student, Hegel generally

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

公司总裁Tim召集部门经理开会,讨论公司可以采取哪些节能环保的措施。 Tim: Good morning folks, thanks for joining us. In light of the recent economic downturn, we thought we should pow-wow some ways we can conserve energy.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

C- Christopher Tietjens S- Sylvia Satterthwaite B- Bridget S: And is that the end of the world? C: No. The world ended long ago, in the 18th Century. S: Do you know what he's doing? He's making corrections in the Encyclopedia Britannica! If I'd kille

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Topics: Scientology, Wikipedia, establishment figures, to not have a clue, at that time, Pardon my French!, Right on! Words: celebrity self-help immortal psychiatry psychology to brainwash shuttle entry encyclopedia accurate reliable establishment fi

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

By my calculation, it should explode in three, two, one. How did you do that? Magic. Oh, my god. It went everywhere. Next up, time to join the Q. Q is for quagmire. The one disadvantage to working at the bomb range is that when it rains, it becomes a

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

By Paul Sisco Washington 13 March 2008 The Global Seed Vault openednear the North Pole on 26 February, and an Internet project aimed at promoting biodiversity went on line. The so-called doomsday vault is in the remote Norwegian archipelago of Svalba

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)