Touch Me Touch Me is a soliloquy(独白)composed by Hank Miller, about the Vietnam (越南)Veterans(退伍军人) Memorial in Washington, D.C. also known as The Wall. This monument is one of the most visited sites in the city of Washington. -----By Ha

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Courteous Retort A learned scientist was attending a dinner, and as cigars were being indulged in one of the guests began to deride philosophy. He went on rudely to express the opinion that philosopher was but another way of spelling fool. What is yo

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

An american lady traveling in england some years ago got into an compartment of a smoking carriage where an english were smoking a pipe. For a short time she said quietly expecting that the englishman was stop smoking. But then she began to cough an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Years ago, I was taking an algebra class over the summer, and had a teacher who liked to reminisce about his past with funny stories. He relates that he had been a math teacher in the Air Force, where it was his duty to force sleepy young recruits t

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Be a queen Be a queen. Dare to be different. Be a pioneer.Be a leader. Be the kind ofwoman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlesslytoward the challenge. Take it on! Be a truth seeker and rule your domain,whatever

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

If the Dream is Big Enough(II)---为了心中的梦想(二) One day in her senior year, I saw her sitting in the grass, head cradled in her arms. I walked across the street and sat down in the cool grass beside her. Quietly I asked what was wrong. Oh, nothi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

You Are Wonderful 你太棒了 The following true story captured our hearts.It happened several years ago in the Paris opera house.A famous singer had been cantracted to sing,and ticket sales were booming.In fact,the night of the concert found the house

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Lake of Autumn I remember quite clearly now when the story happened. The autumn leaves were floating in measure down to the ground, recovering the lake, where we used to swim like children, under the sun was there to shine. That time we used to be h

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

音乐之声The Sound of Music The hills are alive with the sound of music, With songs they have sung for a thousand years. The hills fill my heart with the sound of music My heart wants to sing every thing every song it hears. My heart wants to beat

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

At the end of the day, all we're interested in is looks. No one falls in love with your personality at first sight. 语音讲解: 1.the end of 英音:/ijendəv/美音:/ijɛndəv/ 2.interested 英音:/'ɪnt(ə)rɪstɪd/美音:/'ɪntrəstɪd/

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

We can make the best or worst of it. And I hope you make the best of it. 语音讲解: 1.best /best/ 2.worst 英 /wɜːst/ 美 /wɜːrst/ 3.make the best of it /meɪkəbestəvɪt/ 词汇讲解: make the best of it expression 尽力而为,善处逆

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

You can't force love, you blockhead. All you can do is to be good to the people in your life and keep your heart open. 语音讲解: 单词发音 can't 英/kɑːnt/ 美 /knt/ force 英 /fɔːs/ 美 /fɔːrs/ blockhead 英 /ˈblɒkhed/ 美 /ˈblɑː

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

本期内容: 空气污染一直是最近几年大家都比较关注的一个问题,今天的早读就是一则来自CNN的新闻报道。 TheWorldHealthOrganization,partoftheUnitedNations,hasanewwarningoutaboutairpollution.Itsaysthatnineintenpeo

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: Youhavetodothehardthings.Thethingsthatnooneelseisdoing.Thethingsthatscareyou.Thethingsthatmakeyouwonderhowmuchlongeryoucanholdon. 你必须做困难的事情。没人做的事情。你害怕的事情。让你知道自己能坚持多久的

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: I feel miserable and sad for the poor victims. 我为这些可怜的受害者感到难过 1.弱读for 2.停顿sad 3.吐字清楚,发音饱满 I feel miserable and sad for the poor victims. 我为这些可怜的受害者感到难过 关

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: take control of your own destiny 命运掌握在自己手上 我们先来学习一个单词 control C-O-N-T-R-O-L 控制 掌握 take control of something 掌握某事 再来看一个单词 destinyD-E-S-T-I-N-Y 命运,宿命 take con

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: It'sahauntingreminderoftheexactmomentanearthquakereducedthehistorictownofAmatricetorubble. 一场地震将中世纪古镇Amatrice(阿马特里切)几乎夷为平地,那一刻成为了人们心中挥之不去的梦魇。 Asinglec

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: It is right to put everything in its proper use 凡事都应用得其所 首先,我们来学习一个单词 proper P-R-O-P-E-R 合适的,正确的 再来学习一个词组 put sth in use 使用某物 put sth in its proper use 适当

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: Sow nothing, reap nothing 春不播,秋不收 首先,我们来学习两个单词 sow S-O-W 播种 reap R-E-A-P 收获 没有耕耘就没有收获 类似结构的英语谚语还有很多 比如 nothing ventured, nothing gained 不入

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

本期内容: It takes two to make a quarrel 一个巴掌拍不响 首先,我们来看一个单词quarrel争论 争吵 quarrel with sb about sth 与某人争吵什么 可以组成词组 make aquarrel

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读