When they unearthed the floor of the buildings within which the objects had been found, they discovered another surprise. We found a special set of stones, consisting of a tethering stone up front here then an opening in the ground surrounded by lim

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的法老城市

The modern day town of Qantir is a jumbled collection of ramshackle buildings typical of a delta town today. Judging by its central position on the scan. It is almost certainly sitting slap-bang on the top of Ramesses II s palace. According to accou

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的法老城市

A City Divided by War, United in Peace 一个城市因战争分离,因和平而团结 Gorlitz, Germany is only a stone's throw from its Polish neighbor, Zgorzelec -- separated by a narrow river. Zgo

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--文化教育动态

A Solar City 太阳能城市 by Lars Berry A city in China has taken big steps in changing its energy sources. 中国有座城市已大大改变了其所仰赖的能源。 Practically everything around your home that was made in a factory owes its ex

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

我们如何解决郊区面临的种种问题?城市学家杰夫斯佩克告诉我们如何从对被他称作排放废气,浪费时间,威胁生命的假肢工具 - 汽车的依赖中解放出来,使我们的城市变得适宜步行和适宜更

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:环境 重造计划

非兹河蜿蜒于摩洛哥非兹的麦地那城作为世界文化遗产地的这个谜一样的中世纪城市。曾被看作是城市灵魂的非兹河被污水渐渐污染,并在20世纪50年代被钢筋混凝土一点点地完全覆盖起来。

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:环境 重造计划

Who said New York will be a great city if it's ever finished, it'll never be finished. But it's already a great city to cover. It's a city of superlatives. It's a city that's ascendant. It's a city of new subways, new stadiums, new immigrants and a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

No one knows if the Lost City of the Atlantis is real or just a myth. But there are some folks in Florida just off the coast of Miami have decided to build their own Atlantis. Part of it is already in place, and we sent NBC's Kerry Sanders 45 feet do

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

I thought I would start with a very brief history of cities. 我觉得我得从城市的历史简单说起。 Settlements typically began with people clustered around a well, and the size of that settlement was roughly the distance you could walk wit

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

Maybe not the way people dress, but you know, the question now is, how can we have all the good things that we identify with cities without all the bad things? 人们的衣着可能不会是这样,但要知道,现在的问题是,我们要如何对

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

074 cities Words Noisy pollution traffic jam shopping centre pedestrian zone bus stop inner city suburb apartment block busy street advertisement facilities stress light park ring road airport train/bus station Entertainment theatre cinema bar and cl

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 情景英语口语100主题

这些年北京的变化特别大,这不,10年前曾经来过北京的泰瑞,现在故地重游,却找不到原来的烤鸭店!一起来看看吧。 Listen Read Learn Terry: Excuse me. Where is Q-Duck? I remember it was around the second intersection of this street. Benjamin: Q-Duck? Do you

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

By 2050, We will Live in a More Populous, Urban World 到2050年,我们居住的城市将更加拥挤 Demographers say India, China, Pakistan, Nigeria, Indonesia and Bangladesh will account for clos

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--社会新闻点评

今天的节目要带大家去旅游,一起感受北美各大城市的魅力!快跟随Jenny和Connor去看看吧。 加拿大 Vancouver: /van?ku?v?/ 温哥华 温哥华是加拿大西部的中心城市,经常在世界最宜居城市排行榜中名

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

centreofpopulation城市 city城 capital首都 metropolis大都市 centre市中心(美作:center) shoppingcentre商业区 municipality市政当局 municipal市的,市政的 district区 residentialarea居

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

雅典人爱调情 当选世界最轻浮城市 The home of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle is the most flirtatious city of the modern world, a new study showed on Monday. 周一发布的一项新调查显示,苏格拉底、柏拉图和亚里士多德的

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

蜜蜂正很离奇的迅速自郊区消失,并深深影响农业发展。然而,蜜蜂与都市环境却生活得很好,而城市也需要他们的帮忙。 Noah Wilson-Rich 在此说服观众都市养蜂对于城市的可持续发展,以及拯

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:环境 重造计划

Tall buildings, big events, modernity: The characteristics of a sexy Chinese city. Condom sales, birth rates, transmitted disease and toys: The determinants of a sexy US city。 In unrelated surveys released this week, Shanghai was named China's sexi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

I'llshowyouaroundthecity. 我带你参观这座城市。 例句: It'syourfirsttimetocomehere.I'llshowyouaroundthecity. 这是你第一次来这里。我要带你参观这座城市。 I'llshowyouaroundthecity,andIbelieveyou'llfallinlovewithit. 我要带

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

Here With Me - Michelle Branch It's been a long long time 时间过了很久 Since I looked into the mirror 自从上次照镜子 I guess that I was blind 我猜我一定是瞎了眼 Now my reflection's 现在我的感觉 Getting clearer 反应越来越

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲