道路拥堵,尤其是在出行高峰时期,对于所有大城市而言,几乎都是一个无奈的现实。Jonas Eliasson 为我们揭秘如何通过引导少量的司机错峰出行,就足以让拥堵成为历史。

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:交通工具

人们都不会忌讳谈论嘴或鼻子,即使是吐痰或流鼻水的污秽排泄口,也不会象下面的排泄口那样成为不便从嘴巴里说出来的禁忌语。penis或vagina所以会成为tabooed words,可能不在其肮脏,而是由

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

January 10th, 1776. Thomas Paine publishes Common Sense, one of the most influential works of the American Revolution. The pamphlet urges freedom for Britains colonies in America just months before the Declaration of Independence. 1863. All aboard, b

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

黑人历史月是用来纪念黑人在历史发展的长河中,为人类做出的贡献.... Yvonne: This is 6 Minute English, I'm Yvonne and today, I'm joined by Rob. Hello, Rob! Rob: Hello, Yvonne. Yvonne: In the UK, we celebrate Black History Mo

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Russell Westbrook was one rebound away from breaking Oscar Robertsons single-season triple-double record on Wednesday night just one board. It almost felt like a downer that he wasnt able to make history this game, but the man put up 45 points, 10 as

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Ever stayed at a hotel and felt you got ripped off? This is nothing new. 你有过这种经历吧--曾经入住某个旅馆,然后深深地觉得自己被老板宰了,这已经不是什么稀奇事了。 Ancient innkeepers had such an unsavory re

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

服务员: Good morning, sir. 早上好,先生。 客人: Good morning. My wife and I would like to do some sightseeing today. Would you please introduce some places of historical interest in Beijing? 早上好。今天我太太和我想出去逛逛

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语

A Visit with History: Gettysburg National Military Park 葛底斯堡国家军事公园:历史的痕迹 This week, we visit a national park that marks one of the most important events in American history. We are exploring the Gettysburg National Milit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

There have been many different things written and said about marriage. 已经有各种不同文字记录和讨论着关于婚姻的话题。 From the sweetly inspirational to the hilariously cynical. 从甜蜜励志的到诙谐讽刺的。 But what m

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

图片远不止记录历史他们创造历史。在TED大学,Getty Images的乔纳森克雷恩向我们展示了一些最具代表性的照片。他还告诉我们当一代人看到那些他们无法不关注的照片时会发生什么。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2016年

ERIC WESTERVELT, HOST: Think of all the numbers you've encountered today - the clock in your smartphone, maybe the date on your calendar, the numbers on that highway sign. And those are just the ones you can see. It's easy to take numbers for granted

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Books and arts 文艺 A history of guerrilla warfare 游击战的历史 How the weak vanquish the strong 以弱胜强之道 Fighting an insurgency requires patience, restraint and a good public-relations strategy 平定叛乱需要耐心,克制和良

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

THIS season millions of Americans will celebrate with turkey on the table. The turkey is, after all, the native North American animal that Benjamin Franklin considered a much more respectable bird than the scavenging bald eagle. But while the eagle l

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

【生词预览】 detect查明、测出,mental智力的,deficiency缺陷、不足,confess承认 【笑话原文】 Dont Know Much about History Would you mind telling me, Doctor, Bob asked, how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who ap

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Jerry West was the mentor to me 杰里-维斯特是我的导师 Almost like a father figure 他就像我的父亲一样 Because he really took care of me when I fisrt came to the NBA 我刚进NBA时,他真的很照顾我 And he always talked about

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

We all make mistakes-its a part of being human. If we spill a glass of water on the rug, we just clean up the mess and get on with our lives. No big deal, right? Unfortunately, tiny mistakes can go a long way in making history happen. We can only gue

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

1. Computer 1.计算机 Computer goes back over 400 years. Computer referring to the electronic device (or system of devices) which is used to store, manipulate, and communicate information isnt found until the 1940s, but computeras a machine for per

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Chapter 17 第十七章 The Greek Theater 古希腊的戏剧 The Origins of the theater, the first form of public amusement 人类第一种公共娱乐形式---戏剧的起源 At a very early stage of their history the Greeks had begun to collect the

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

I love fireworks! 我爱烟火! They are awesome! 它们超棒的! And they go BOOM. 而且它们会砰地爆开。 Even after thousands of years, fireworks still captivate, amaze, and terrify spectators around the globe. 即便过了几千年,烟火

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情