Made for a Mission In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world. John 17:18 (Msg) The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me. Acts 20:24 (NCV) You were m

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

Shaped for Serving God Your hands shaped me and made me. Job 10:8 (NIV) The people I have shaped for myself will broadcast my praises. Isaiah 43:21 (NJB) You were shaped to serve God. God formed every creature on this planet with a special area of ex

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

Growing through Temptation Happy is the man who doesn't give in and do wrong when he is tempted, for afterwards he will get as his reward the crown of life that God has promised those who love him. James 1:12 (LB) My temptations have been my masters

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

YOU WERE CREATED TO BECOME LIKE CHRIST Let your roots grow down into Christ and draw up nourishment from him, see that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth. Colossians 2:7 (LB) 22 Created to Become Like Christ Go

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

It's easy to be thankful for the good things, while a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. 对美好的事物感恩很容易; 精彩的人生属于那些对挫折也心存感激的人。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

With Parliament in recess, we don't hear much from our political masters. 在国会休会期间,政治精英们没有发表太多言论, MP's, as well as many business leaders, are on holiday. 议员和商界领导正在度假。 I hope they have

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Some of the parents I know with teenage children who use cannabis are fairly relaxed about what's happening. 在我认识的父母中,有些并不在意孩子吸食大麻。 It isn't doing any harm, one tells me, Alcohol's much worse. 这又没什么

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

In a pre-flight news conference in the summer of 1969 1969年夏天,在一次飞行前的新闻发布会上 Neil Armstrong said, I think we're going to the moon because it is in the nature of the human being to face challenges. 尼尔阿姆斯特朗说

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Two weeks ago a young Christian girl, Rimsha Masih was detained in Pakistan near the capital Islamabad. 两周前,一名年轻的基督教女孩里姆沙马希赫在巴基斯坦首都伊斯兰马巴德附近被捕。 The girl who is in her early te

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Whether we expand existing towns or build new cities it begs the question about how we build an environment that helps us live in harmony with each other and with the natural world, upon which we depend for our existence.The history of the earth told

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The road to peace and reconciliation is a complex and painful process, whether in national or indeed individual conflicts. It involves the conquering of fear, the dealing with bitterness and outrage, and the building of trust. It can be supported or

The sight of a grown woman lying on the floor, her wrist pinned down by the foot of someone who was supposed to be caring for her was one of the more shocking images that emerged from Winterbourne View, the private hospital which was home to 44 peopl

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

When I'm sitting in the Multi-faith Centre at the Athlete's Village I can look around at the diverse representation of humanity I am with. 我坐在运动员村的宗教多元中心,环顾四周,看见了形形色色、各具代表的人。 We ar

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

You can become more fearful and protective of your lifestyle and your loved ones or you come to terms with the fact that open and tolerant societies will always come with their own risks. These societies flourish because we put our trust in people, i

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The London Olympics has given us new vocabulary: ORNs and PRNs. Or as we've been hearing, Olympic Road Network and Paralympic Road Network. And as from today London commuters travelling along the Olympic network will have to beware of the 30 miles of

A former cabinet minister once infamously described the homeless as the people you step over when you're coming out of the opera. As reprehensible a joke as it is, his words are about to be thrown back at him, or rather sung back, by the kind of peop

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Risk is endemic in human affairs. To say to someone I love you or to say in church I believe can never be risk-free undertakings. They are to make investments in things that are not fully under one's control. The other person may not love you back. T

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

I was attending a workshop on women and violence. One told her story. She was 18 and visiting a farm with her boyfriend. Alone together, they had sex even though she didn't want to. Guilt-ridden, humiliated and demeaned, why didn't she report it? Bec

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The Bible's boring, everyone knows that. Phares begat Esrom and Esrom begat Aram and Aram begat Aminadab. When I was teaching public bible reading in our church, I made the lesson readers practice with a telephone directory, to learn how to make it i

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Yesterday the Health Secretary announced his social care reform plan. The reforms have been adopted from an earlier commission which grappled with the soaring cost of residential care. While the State is considering the cost of care for a growing ove

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章