Just before I give a few details about the—er—fun aspect of computers that is, for use at home and for entertainment—I'd like to mention a couple of facts about the outlook for ISDN—that's the

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Herbert Wilson and his wife went to the Isle of Wight for their summer holiday. But they were by no means pleased with their hotel. As soon as they returned home, Herbert decided to write to the Manag

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Here's the news at 11:30. Thousands of people have marched through the centre of Corby in Northamptonshire to protest against plans to close the steel works, the town's major employer. The marchers de

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Lesley: Ah ... it's such a lovely day. It reminds me of last week, doesn't it you? Fiona: Oh don't! I mean that was just so fantastic, that holiday! Lesley: I love that city, you know. Fiona: I do too

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Tom: ... when I was living ... in North Africa, and I had a cook, and I'd been there for several years, you see. And I was just going to come on leave to England, you see, and obviously it was quite a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Interviewer: Hello. My name's Hudson. Dick Hudson. Applicant: I'm Pamela Gable. Interviewer: Well, take a seat, please. Miss Gable—it is Miss, isn't it? Thought so. Well, let me just check that I've

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Interviewer: Is film editing a complicated job? Film Editor: Oh yes, a lot of people probably don't know how complicated a job it can be. It's far more than just sticking pieces of film together. Inte

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

'This Is Your Life' is one of the most popular programmes on British and American television. Every week a famous person is invited to a television studio, without knowing that he or she will be the subject of the programme. The compre meets the pers

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Announcer: And now over to Marsha Davenport for today's weather forecast. Marsha? Weather reporter: Thanks, Peter. Well, as you can see from the weather map, there's varied weather activity across the United States and Canada today. Let's start with

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Professor Ernest Watson was answering questions on a radio phone-in programme on the subject of learning a foreign language. Listener: Hello, Professor, can you hear me? Prof W: Yes, we can hear you fine. Listener: My name is Humphries, Albert Humphr

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

A: Did you hear on the news today about that ... uh ... murderer who was executed? B: I can't believe it. A: Yeah. That's the first time in ten years that they've used capital punishment. B: I just can't believe in our society today that they would a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Angela: Would you like ... to tell me about it? Denise: Yes, I think ... it's rather a unique experience, actually. I was in New York, er, er, a few years ago and I wanted to read a particular poem, s

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Denise: On the contrary, I don't agree at all with people who say graphology is all nonsense. I think that at last it is beginning to be taken seriously as a proper science and not as some kind of fai

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Linda: Oh, yes, I remember. We were conducting a survey into the, the needs of disabled people in the borough (Yes) in which I work in London. And we got a request from an old man to go along and, and

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Robert: Now, one of the biggest hurdles to cross in getting a good job is the interview. There's no getting away from it, because in nearly every case when you apply for a job you will be called for o

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Interest in sport in Britain is widespread, as is indicated by the huge crowds which attend such occasions as the Football Association Cup Final at Wembley Stadium, international rugby matches at Twic

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Christine: Harry, as an American, have you noticed any strong class distinctions in English society since you've been here? Harry: Strong class distinctions? Yes, they haven't changed at all—that's

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Brigid: Mrs. Kellerman, why is it that some children perform much better than others at school? Mrs. Kellerman: Obviously, it can't be denied that certain children are brighter than others, but it's n

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Host (Michael Parkhurst): Good evening, and welcome again to the 'Michael Parkhurst Talkabout'. In tonight's programme, we're looking at the problem of energy. The world's energy resources are limited

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力

Stuart: What did you do last night then? Did you work all night? Judy: Yes, I did some work (Yes) but erm ... I watched a bit of TV ... (Uh-huh) got to relax, you know. Stuart: Did you watch the footb

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 中级英语听力