Turkey's Prime Minister is calling three days of mourning after 86 people were killed today in two bombings in the capital Ankara. NPR's AM reports the attacks targeted ralliers who were calling for peace between Turkish forces and Kurdish militants.

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

The National Institute of Health is out with a critical study that finds a treating high blood pressure more aggressively than usual can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease and death among people over the age of 50. Doctor JT is the princi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Congress is holding long anticipated votes on the Iran nuclear deal. The Republican majority arguing the deal leaves the US interest vulnerable is still trying to derail the agreement. Under a law president Obama signed in May, Congress was given 60

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

A lesbian couple in Utah will retain custody of their nine-month-old foster daughter at least for now. As WE of a member station of KUER in Salt Lake City tells us, a judge previously had ordered the baby girl to be removed from the couple's home. Ut

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

As a child, the commentator went door to door with his mother to share the tenets of the Jehovah's Witnesses. The experience led to his belief that tolerance is the foundation of freedom and liberty Welcome to This I Believe, an NPR series presentin

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Sigmund and Bonnie Stahl's first date wasn't that unusual a night out at the movies. But what they saw was ... a bit different. This is Dave Essay, creator of StoryCorps, the project that records the stories of everyday Americans. StoryCorps airs ea

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(282) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Being held captive in Iraq helped James Loney solidify his sense that he wasn't alone I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordinary. This I Belie

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Instead of prizing the ideal physique, Lisa Sandin finds beauty in something less than perfect. She believes she is more than her body and more than her birth defect. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Nature writer David Gessner believes you don't have to climb Everest or raft the Amazon to find wildness. It's often found much closer to home, in our backyards and in the experiences of daily life. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I belie

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

In his younger days, Michael Oatman was educated on the streets and in bars and strip clubs. Now, the Ohio writer believes the education he's getting in college classrooms has opened doors to a better life. From NPR news, this is weekend edition. I'

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Alice Brock, made famous in Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant, believes in improvisation. And it's a good thing, too she knew nothing about running a restaurant when she opened her now legendary business. Welcome to This I Believe, an NPR series pre

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

I will. A big thanks for an awesome introduction to our Halloween edition of CNN Student News. We'll have more of your impressive pumpkin powers later on but we start today with affordable care act which is usually known as Obamacare. The site where

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十一)月

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Paul Brown. Officials say the strong storms and tornadoes that killed 55 people this week in several states including Tennessee and Arkansas were the deadliest in more than two decades. Dozens of tornadoes swept acro

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):square 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:身体康复过程 语法天地(Grammar Talk):过去将来进行时和过去将来完成时的用法

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Miss the boat 坐失良机 Hit the book: Document Unscripted Highlight Conflict Eliminate Premise Eviction Reality-based television is a genre of television programming that documents unscripted situations and actual occurrences, and often fea

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):prompt 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:换新房子 语法天地(Grammar Talk):如何使用正式和非正式英语?

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):process 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:想家了怎么办?(1) 语法天地(Grammar Talk):常见英语感叹词(2)

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):produce 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:想家了怎么办?(2) 语法天地(Grammar Talk):标点符号之逗号

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):profit 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:如何用英语优雅地形容一个人笨手笨脚? 语法天地(Grammar Talk):标点符号之分号、冒号、引号

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

词汇畅谈(Vocabulary Build-up):progress 口语训练营(Everyday English):英语情景对话:交通罚款如有异议怎样申诉? 语法天地(Grammar Talk):介词的分类

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语