Steve Jobs is the co-founder and CEO of Apple Inc. and former CEO of Pixar Animation Studios. He is the largest individual shareholder in Walt Disney. Jobs name is associated with innovative products like the iPod, iPhone and iTunes. He is a much-res

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of witheri

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 品茗经典

A: You received a letter in the mail. B: Give it here. A: Whos the letter from? B: I think its my acceptance letter from NYU. A: I want to know what it says. B: They didnt accept me. A: Are you serious? B: Its the truth. A: Are you okay? B: I really

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Lesson 5 [00:04.28]They offered me a job in denver. [00:06.31]在丹佛,他们向我提供了一份工作 [00:08.33]What did you do on the weekend,Carol? [00:14.12]你周末干什么了,卡罗? [00:19.91]I stayed at home and cleaned the house. [00:22

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

A: You got a letter in the mail. B: Give it to me. A: What is it? B: Its from NYU. A: What does it say? B: I didnt get accepted. A: You cant be serious! B: Im serious. A: Are you all right? B: NYU was my first choice. A: Im sorry that you didnt get i

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

A: Theres a letter here for you. B: Let me see it. A: Whats the letter about? B: Its a letter from NYU. A: Tell me what it says! B: I didnt get in. A: Youre lying. B: Im not lying. A: Are you upset? B: I had high hopes for NYU. A: Im sorry you didnt

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Abigail and Jeremy got divorced about 10 years ago. Abigail did not want to see a lawyer, worried that it might turn ugly. So she talked to Jeremy, who agreed that it was a good idea to not use lawyers. He said not to worry, he would take care of her

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Jim Malone Instability in Iraq and rising gasoline prices at home appear to be cutting into President Bush's popularity. The most recent polls indicate Mr. Bush's approval ratings have fallen to the l

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--美国大选

Little boy, 6 years old A little too used to bein' alone Another new mom and dad,another school Another house that'll never be home When people ask him how he likes this place He looks up and says with a smile upon his face This is my temporary home

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

The long and winding road that leads to your door, Will never disappear, Ive seen that road before It always leads me here, leads me to your door. The wild and windy night the rain washed away, Has left a pool of tears crying for the day. Why leave m

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 19 April 2006 watch Severe Weather report Several weeks of unusual and severe weather in the U.S. are not being specifically linked to global warming but they are causing

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

The U.S. and Russia presidents are scheduled to meet for the first time Wednesday on the sidelines of the G20 summit in London. The new Kremlin leader comes to the meeting with a record of policy initiatives that have swung between belligerent threa

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(四月)

Youve Heard of The Birth of the Blues Heres one of those word-association games. If we said waltz, youd probably think of Vienna, Austria. Closer to our home, if we said Dixieland, New Orleans, Louisiana, would likely rush to mind. Country music? Nas

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Anjana Pasricha India's prime minister-designate Manmohan Singh is promising to balance economic reforms with development for the poverty-stricken. He also says he will continue the peace process with

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -May 17, 2002: Whooping Crane Recovery Project By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Scientists are trying to create the first migrating group of whoop

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

今天我们要学的词是waive。 Waive, 是放弃权利的意思。维吉尼亚州向去年维吉尼亚理工大学枪击事件的遇难者家庭提出了补偿方案。The families will have to waive their right to sue in exchange for $100,000 ap

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Todd: Now, Michael, I think you grew up California, right? Mike: No, I didn't. Todd: You didn't! Mike: No. Todd: I thought you were from Santa Barbara. Mike: No, no. I was born in Cincinnati and I grew up, I grew up there and I lived from my teenage

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Miki, you went to UC Berkeley, a very famous university in the U.S. What is your university like? Why is it famous? Miki: Why is it famous? Well, I suppose historically it's kind of famous, recent history, because it was a center for the freedo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

White lace and promises A kiss for luck and we're on our way We've only begun Before all the rising sun we fly So many roads to choose We start our walking and learn to run And yes! We've just begun Sharing horizons that are new to us Watching the si

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 09 November 2009 President of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed (file photo) The Maldivian President is asking nations most vulnerable to climate change to take the lead in reducing global warming.The leader of a country thre

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)