Bats have been considered unlucky since the middle ages. 蝙蝠从中世纪开始就被视为不吉祥的动物。 Bats have been considered unlucky since the middle ages. 蝙蝠从中世纪开始就被视为不吉祥的动物。 As they are related

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语初阶

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。 Pete: Hey Sue! Don't walk under that ladder...it's bad luck! Sue: Julie, Is he serious? Julie: Kind of. There is an old tradition in the West that says it's bad luck. S: You

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

Sammy won the lottery. He was so happy. He jumped up and down. I won the lottery! I'm rich! Life is great! he yelled. He checked the numbers online again: 2, 22, 3, 33, 4, and 44. Yes, those were the winning numbers. Yes, those were the numbers on hi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Lesson 71 Sue's diary: Lucky or unlucky? Yesterday it was Friday, 13th March. It was Sandy's unlucky day. In the morning he cut his finger with the bread-knife. Mother put some iodine on Sandy's finger and it hurt a lot! Then she put some sticking-p

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 朗文3L看听学英语第二册

That's news to me. 对我来说可是新鲜事 I've never heard of that. 我从没听说过 I did not know that. 我不太了解 I had not been informed of that. 我没有被通知这件事 想要开始怎么说? Let's start. 开始吧 Let's get st

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

MODEL2 Is there any relationship between superstitions and real life? Script Chris: Its strange that so many people are superstitious. There must be some relationship between superstitions and real life. Susan: You know, Richard Wiseman, a British ps

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Task 2: Is it really bad luck? Script Are you worried because you have just broken a mirror? Some people believe that breaking a mirror is a (S1) terrible thing to do. They say it will bring you seven years of (S2) misfortune. The reason behind this

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

'Beware the Ides of March' 留意古罗马历中的三月 Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. People who believe in luck and bad luck -- that is to say, those considered superstitious maythink that some days or events are u

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Friday-the Thirteenth has long been considered extremely unlucky because it has some bad associations which came from mythology,tale of the Bible,and the customs and habits. According to the Bible,the Lord God created the first man,Adam.Then he took

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。 Pete: Hey Sue! Don't walk under that ladder...it's bad luck! Sue: Julie, Is he serious? Julie: Kind of. There is an old tradition in the West that says it's bad luck. S: You

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

现在Michael 和李华在准备下午的考试。李华会学到两个常用语:to jinx 和come off it。 L: Michael, 考试准备得怎么样了?可别再像上次那样考砸了! M: Ahh! Li H

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Picture this scene: you are walking home and there is a black cat on the path in front of you. Does it make you feel scared stiff? Perhaps it might make you feel lucky? Would you dare to put your shoes on the table? If so, then you may be dabbling wi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight, Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Friday the 13th. Are you frightened

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight