What is this for, Ryan wondered as he looked at the bill from Enterprise car rental company. He and Amelia had traveled to Tucson over a month ago. He had wanted to take his car, but she said she didnt trust his car. Its a piece of junk, she said. Be

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Ryan and Amelia traveled in the rented Buick to Tucson to attend a weekend gem and mineral show; the big national show was every April. They mostly browsed. Amelia was partial to natural, unpolished stones. One that she particularly liked was priced

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

So, every year at this time, nearly half a million people step forward to help, to volunteer in an international coastal cleanup and the results can be staggering. In the last couple of years alone, an average of 8 million pounds of trash is collecte

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

World Mental Health Day is on October the 10th every year. It was started by the World Federation for Mental Health in 1992. The MentalHealth.org website says: It is a unified effort to promote greater public awareness and understanding of mental hea

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Grammar Girl here. Last week we talked about capitalizing words in the business world. Today we're going to talk about capitalization in general. If you recall, in English, we capitalize proper nounswords that name a specific thing or person, words s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Todd: So Marion, you've lived in Italy. (Yes) Italy has many favorite cities. Can you talk a little bit about them? Marion: Sure, well the first city I lived in was Genoa. And Genoa is on the Riviera, so it's a very beautiful place. It's a port city,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

People in America - Eunice Kennedy Shriver, 1921-2009: She Changed the World for People with Mental Disabilities FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Eunic

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Christians Flee Their Homes in Pakistani Capital Shaqila Bibi, a Christian, is packing up. Shes afraid Muslims in her neighborhood will attack her if she stays. We are frightened, said Bibi. They can harm us any time, set us on fire, and the landlord

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

NATO commander in Afghanistan US General Stanley McChrystal leaves by helicopter after a meeting between President Hamid Karzai and tribal leaders in Kandahar city, Afghanistan (File Photo - 13 Jun 2010) An Obama administration official says the top

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Sustained armed clashes between rebel groups and Sudanese forces have re-emerged in Sudan's western region of Darfur as another round of peace talks appear to be going nowhere. The international peacekeeping mission there says more than 14,000 civili

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Monti Sworn in as New Italian PM Economist Mario Monti has been sworn in as Italys new prime minister, with a mandate to restore stability to the countrys economy and respectability to its politics. At European Union headquarters in early October he

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Tripoli: Fighting Empties the Seaside Capital Driving into Tripoli is to drive into a ghost city. It looks like a set for a Hollywood apocalypse film. Instead of a bustling seaside capital of 1.5 million people, we drove Thursday past kilometer and k

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

A group of Chinese officials and middle school students have taken part in an event in the Swedish community of Sodertalje, located around 30-kilometers southwest of Stockholm, to mark the 10th anniversary of a 'sister-cityhood' with the city of Wuxi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

A: How are you doing today? B: Im doing fine. Thanks for asking. A: What can I help you with today? B: I would like you to help me find an apartment. A: I will be able to help you with that. B: Thank you. I would appreciate that. A: Do you have any i

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - November 26, 2002: Dental Health By Nancy Steinbach VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with Science in the News, a VOA Special English program abo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Todd: So Marion, now you lived in Italy. Marion: Mm, that's right. Todd: And when people think of Italy, they think of food. (Yes) Yeah, and can you talk about the food in Italy? Marion: Sure, I'd love to. I love Italian food. Todd: I know, it's so g

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ralph: I have a reservation for a car. Clerk: What is the last name on the reservation? Ralph: Its Furcal. Clerk: Just one moment. I have a reservation for Ralph Furcal, picking up today and returning on the 19th. Ralph: Yes, thats right. I reserved

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Neandertal Face Shape Was All Over the Air The jutting midface of Neandertals seems to have evolved to help get large volumes of air into an active body that needed lots of oxygen. Full Transcript Neandertal walks into a bar. Bartender says, Why the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人4月

The Labour Party, at their annual conference last weekend, said that they will discuss a capital gains tax. Many countries have a capital gains tax so if you buy a house then sell it at a profit, you pay tax on the profit. Some people buy houses as a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

US Furniture Capital Holds Annual Showcase Hundreds of U.S. towns and cities call themselves the capital of something or another. Even the world capital of this or that. Many of these titles are just for fun - a bit of promotion for the area. Tarpon

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(1696) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)