measurement slave unlimited invert symmetrical lessen lever hip liability overlook thresh tensile vision likeness steady siege fission limp line linear vein commence obscure

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 用Mp3背六级单词

New Words 10B @ chilly a. cold enough to be unpleasant 寒冷的 @ emit vt. send out heat, light, sound, etc. 发出 @ strap n. [C] a narrow piece of leather or other strong material 带子;皮带 @ waist n. [C] the part of the human body below the

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第三册

Unit 9 Section A Pre-reading Activities First Listening Having ideas about a story before you read it is an important reading skill. Please listen to a very short piece of recording. Second Listening

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程(1)

One late night in May, Philip Mead was looking for historical objects from the American Revolution. He noticed a painting being offered for sale on the internet. Suddenly, he felt his heartbeat speeding up. Mead is the chief historian at the Museum o

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

美联社,新闻一分钟,New Orleans,Bush,president,1. The National Guard arrives in force in flood- ravaged New Orleans, bringing food, water and weapons to relieve suffering and restore order. 2. Facing criticism, President Bush tours the Gulf Coast,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

1. A Bush administration report says the Iraqi government has made mixed progress in fulfill ing political, economic and military goals. The president says he is still committed to succeeding in Iraq. A full progress report on Iraq is expected in Sep

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Australian skipper Jimmy Spithill has led the team USA to victory in the America's Cup. The American team won the last eight races to snatch victory from New Zealand. Today also happens to mark the 30th anniversary of Australia's historic America's C

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens Mac- MacMaster V- Valentine Wannop E- Edith Duchemin E: I'm not sure it's playing the game, Valentine, asking you to be here. If your mother knew... V: Mother wanted to come with me when I told her it was to meet a c

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Topics - Betty Friedan and The Feminine Mystique; Taos Pueblos; admist versus among versus between; stuck in reverse; to keep minutes to lose hours Words: womens rights movement advocate society mystique feminine homemaker synonymous with to inhabit

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

This is how war starts. One day you're living your ordinary life, you're planning to go to a party, you're taking your children to school, you're making a dentist appointment. The next thing, the telephones go out, the TVs go out, there's armed men o

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Greatjon Umber fired the siege towers we were building, 大琼恩安柏放火烧了我们辛苦建造的攻城塔, and Lord Blackwood found Sir Edmure Tully in chains among the other captives, and made off with them all. 布莱伍德大人则找到了

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

I'm here, Father, she said. With Robb, my son. He'll want to see you too. 父亲,我这不就来了么?她说,我和罗柏一道来的,他是您的外孙呢,他很想见您。 Your boy, he whispered. He had my eyes, I remember... 你的孩子

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

DAVID GREENE, HOST: And the Fox News Channel is once more under siege. Last summer, the ouster of chairman Roger Ailes during a huge scandal was intended to calm the place down. Yet, multiple scandals have erupted at Fox. As NPR's David Folkenflik re

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

September 8th, 1900, Americas deadliest natural disaster as a hurricane slams in the Galveston Texas. The storm kills estimated 6,000 to 12,000 people, destroying much of the city. 1974, just a month after taking office , President Gerald Fort pardon

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2012年

September 8th, 1900, Americas deadliest natural disaster as a hurricane slams in the Galveston Texas. The storm kills estimated 6,000 to 12,000 people, destroying much of the city. 1974, just a month after taking office , President Gerald Fort pardon

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

Last month I was in Sarajevo reporting on the 100th anniversary of the assassination that started the first world war. Although I'd shown up to talk about World War I, I was surrounded by scars from the Balkan war and World War II, layers of tragedy

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

They fought with extraordinary determination and courage against the legions who were forced to lay siege to each Jewish town in turn to defeat them. 他们以坚韧不拔的毅力和极大的勇气与罗马军团作战,这些军团不得不长期围

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

本期内容: Marcus Rashford's low finish from Paul Pogba's superb pass on the stroke of half-time stretched Manchester United's flawless start, but the coach had De Gea to thank for a magnificent display as Spurs laid siege to United's goal after

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Algeria says that a total of 37 foreigners and an Algerian died at a desert gas plant and five people are still missing after the four-day hostage-taking siege. American, British, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Filipino and Romanian workers were dead o

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下