Passing Through Airport Security Roland: Why are you so nervous about flying? Natalie: Im not nervous about being in the air. Its going through security. I hear its a hassle and I dont want to end up being strip-searched. Roland: You wont be strip-se

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

Some people take the view that sometimes in life we have to take chances in order to make progress. I admire such people. It certainly takes courage to take risks. Maybe it's due to my upbringing, but

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

The United States is committed to a strategy of a free and open Indo- Pacific region, and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, is central to that strategy. ASEAN is an economically dynamic region at the heart of the Indo-Pacific and

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(八月)

公司电脑系统遭到骇客入侵,Dylan跟同事Cory和Brenda一起讨论,Dylan说: D: We may never be able to trace the origin of this attack. But what we can do is work harder to make our systems impenetrable. B: Yes, a lot of people are q

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Breaching Computer Security Jin: Did you hear what happened to McQ Corp? Dina: No, what? Jin: Hackers were able to get unauthorized access to its computer systems and cause a lot of problems over the weekend. They destroyed data and rendered the syst

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

Israeli High Court to Consider Legality of Security Barrier Ross Dunn Israel's high court has agreed to consider the legality of a controversial West Bank security barrier , just weeks before the proj

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

By Anjana Pasricha U.S. Undersecretary of Commerce Kenneth Juster says improving cyber security will help increase trade and technology ties between the United States and India. Experts say data prote

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

ECONOMICS REPORT - Social Security, Part 2 By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, February 04, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Economics Report. One out of six Americans receive money fro

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

Dogs are known for a strong sense of smell. Their noses can be trained to identify different odors. Dogs are often used in search and rescue operations and to sniff for things like drugs and explosives. Some dogs have even been trained to sniff for c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. World leaders agreed this week to protect all nuclear materials within four years to stop the possibility of nuclear terrorism. Leaders from forty-seven countries gathered in Washington for President Obama'

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-12 Cleveland, Philadelphia Increase Security for Political Conventions The two main parties in the United States will officially nominate their presidential candidates at national political conventions later this month. The Republica

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

President Obama Praised for Sticking to American Values on Counter-Terrorism India has puts its airports on high alert following intelligence warnings of a possible hijacking attempt by Islamic militants. The security alert comes days before India ce

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Authorities have charged the suspect with attempting to detonate explosives aboard an airliner Michael Bowman | Washington 27 December 2009 Photo: ASSOCIATED PRESS Holiday travelers wait in a long line at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. The U.S. go

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

A: Yes, this is John Smith. How may I help you? B: Hello, John. Terry Evans here. I'm happy to give you some good news. A: Great shoot. B: The apartment owner likes you. He has approved your rental application. A: Oh, thank you--that's the news I was

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

By Sabina Castelfranco Italy's European commissioner-designate, Rocco Buttiglione, announced Saturday he has agreed to withdraw from the incoming new executive, to help the European Commission preside

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

BEIJING, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) called for the establishment of a nuclear-weapon-free zone in central Asia in a declaration released after the conclusion of the group's Beijing summit on Thursd

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana Purdue University scientist Gebisa Ejeta is known in agriculture for enhancing sorghum crops in Africa. The 2009 World Food Prize Laureate is on a quest to help the world better understand the causes of global food insecurity

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obama is continuing his Asia-Pacific trip by heading to Australia for a one day state visit with one of America's five security treaty allies in the region. Although brief, Mr. Obama's visit is expected to reaffirm strong historical,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It took more than a year for the drafting, reviewing, and the final pass of the new security-related legislation in Japan. Many scholars and members of the public cast doubts on the motives of the legislation, and the legal basis of it. One Japanese

发表于:2019-03-03 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年