KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: One escape from the news for many people today has been to talk about Game Of Thrones. The season finale of the crazy popular HBO series aired on Sunday night. And before we go any further, consider this your spoiler alert. I rep

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Preparing for the Busy Season Yuko: Whats all this? Reza: Were gearing up for the busy season. We dont want to get caught with our pants down like we did last season. Yuko: Last season, we had an unusual number of visitors because of the unseasonably

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

Spring is the Green Season Spring is coming. Spring is the first season of the year. In China, spring comes in February. It is still cold, but it is getting warmer and warmer. The days get longer and longer. The leaves on the trees begin to turn gree

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 X星球系列故事

Mosquito Season Means Zika Season, US Experts Warn It's nearly the start of summer in the U.S. vacation time for families and breeding time for mosquitoes, including the one that carries the Zika virus. Dr. Tom Frieden, the head of the Centers for Di

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(六月)

July, graduation season, is upon us. It is said that this year is the hardest yet for job hunting for newly graduated students. Graduates are facing great pressure in terms of not only the employment market but also looking for apartments to rent. Li

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

The Beijing Concert Hall is about to launch its classical music season which will run through November. An orchestra from Switzerland, which is the resident chamber orchestra at the Verbier Festival - one of the most influential musical events in Eur

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

The Beijing Concert Hall has recently launched its classical music season which will run through November. Their opening performance came from an orchestra from Switzerland along with a young Chinese American pianist George Li. CRI's Shen Ting has mo

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

02Traveling Off-Season GLOSSARY what I wouldnt give... I really want to do or have something; I would doalmost anything to do or have something* What I wouldnt give to see my granddaughter! My daughter and her family livein Singapore, and I havent se

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之旅行交通购物

Lindsay / United States speaker My favorite season is summer. I love summer. There is no school. It's warm. The sun sets late. You can sit on your balcony and drink a beer and barbecue. I just think it's fabulous. My least favorite then obviously is

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Jeff, Canada speaker My favorite season is fall. I love the fall because it's perfect, a perfect time of year. It's not too hot. It's not too cold. There's lots of color in the earth, in the sky, in the leaves, in the trees. It's a nice time. It's a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

ECONOMICS REPORT - Holiday Shopping Season in the U.S. By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, December 03, 2004 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Economics Report. Almost one-fourth of all perso

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

THIS IS AMERICA - Spirit of the Season: Christmas Music and Traditions in America By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, December 19, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Millions of Americans will celebrate Christ

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

TORONTO, Dec. 13 (Xinhua) -- The Toronto Raptors' bench scored a season-low seven points in a 107-96 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in NBA action on Sunday afternoon. Coming into the game, the Toronto reserves were ranked eighth in the league, averaging

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

By VOA Sports Washington, DC 06 February 2008 WorldNo. 4golfer Ernie Els of South Africa will be looking for redemption when he tees off Thursday in the inaugural Indian Masters in New Delhi. The three-time major winner is the biggest name in the fie

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The flu season is bad this year. That's the message today from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NPR health correspondent Rob Stein is here with details. Hey, Rob. ROB STEIN, BYLINE: Oh, hey, Ari. SHAPIRO: Health offi

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Francis Wanjala Mamati is a farme

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

今天我们要学的词是season opener。 Season opener, 是赛季开始的第一场比赛。Major League Baseball staged its season opener in Japan, 美国职业棒球大联盟将赛季的首场比赛安排在日本进行。 由于会跟麦凯恩在

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Say that you love me, even if it's not true. And say that this storm is just passing through. And, baby, tell me you're not leaving. It's just the rainy season. The air's getting heavy and we both know why. So dance one more dance and tell one more l

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

来自爱尔兰的情侣档组合The Swell Season,在独立电影《Once》中的音乐作品相信已经让不少人为之惊艳。虽然曾经的情侣档如今只是平常的搭档身份,但是音乐中的微妙和冷暖情感仍然配合得默契

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Todd: My favorite time of year is autumn, or fall. I like the fall season because I think that's when the weather's the best. It's not too hot. It's not too cold. It's just nice and cool all the time. Also, usually it doesn't rain that much in autumn

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂