DAVID GREENE, HOST: Chicago passed a grim milestone recently. The city has seen more than 700 homicides this year, that's more than any other major U.S. city. Of course, that startling number does not begin to tell the whole story. As we're about to

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

This week, I laid out my plan for our fiscal future. Its a balanced plan that reduces spending and brings down the deficit, putting America back on track toward paying down our debt. We know why this challenge is so critical. If we dont act, a rising

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Last night, after weeks of long and difficult negotiations over our national budget, leaders of both parties came together to avert a government shutdown, cut spending, and invest in our future. This is good news for the American people. It means tha

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Remarks of President Barack Obama Weekly Address Washington, D.C. Good morning. I want to briefly share some news about our economy, and talk about the work that were doing both to protect American consumers, and to put our economy back on a path to

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Mil Arcega | Washington 25 November 2009 Shoppers in a U.S. store The number of newly laid-off U.S. workers filing claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week. A report Wednesday from the Labor Department shows 466,000 workers

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Remarks of President Barack Obama Weekly Address Saturday, April 11, 2009 I speak to you today during a time that is holy and filled with meaning for believers around the world. Earlier this week, Jewish people gathered with family and friends to re

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

今天我们要学的词是collective。 Collective, 集体的。 The NFL and its players are working on a new collective bargaining agreement, 美式足球联盟正在跟球员协商,设法达成新的劳资协定。 加拿大冰球队击败美国队

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃