private -私人的,个人的 privilege -特权,优惠 probable -很可能的,大概的 procedure-程序,手续 proceed -进行,继续下去 process-过程,进程 procession -队伍,行列 product -产品,产物 profession -职业,自由职业 profile-侧面,轮廓,姿态 profit -利润,收益 progressiv

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 用mp3背四级单词

Every six months, I visit my dentist for a regular dental check up. At the dentist's office, a dental assistant will bring me into one of their private patient rooms and x-ray my teeth and gums to detect any problems inside my teeth. Then, the dentis

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

Three-year-old Dexter Clark was born with bad kidneys. His father Brendan says the boy was constantly sick. When he was 1 year old, we had to have a procedure to give him a gastrostomy so it could be fed through a tube because he threw up so much. A

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

[00:05.42]This year, defending champions Mu Gamma Xi... 今年 卫冕冠军 Mu Gamma Xi... [00:07.66]...go for their unprecedented eighth title in a row. ...来争夺他们 史无前例的第八个桂冠 [00:13.86]ls there anybody that can stop these

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-街舞少年

1. Could you let me know the procedure of applying for a scholarship? 你能告诉我申请奖学金的程序吗? 还能这样说: How can I get the scholarship? What is the procedure of getting a scholarship? 应用解析: procedure in product

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Y: Hey, Don, did you ever wanna be a doctor when you were a kid? D: Yeah, I always wanted to be a surgeon. Y: So, what happened? D: Im afraid of blood. Plus, its a lot of pressure. Having someones life in your hands, I mean, one mistake, and you can

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

3 登记入住 3句英文任你选 I'd like to check in, please. 我要登记住宿。 How would you like to settle your bill? 您想怎样付款呢? I have finished the check-in procedure. 我已经办妥了住宿登记手续。 半个句型要记牢

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语口语每天三句半

Each year more than 1.1. million abortions are performed in the U.S. Nailing down clear safety data has been difficult, because many women must travel and are lost to follow-up tracking. Californiais one of 17 states that covers abortion and subseque

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Mexico Takes First Step to Overhauling Criminal Law 墨西哥启动刑法修改第一步 The Northern Mexican State of Nuevo Leon has taken the first step toward open court criminal trials by allowing

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--社会新闻点评

Health Report - A Birth Procedure Does Little to Prevent Bleeding 健康报道 - 控制性脐带牵引对防止产后大出血起效甚微 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Severe bleeding

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

New Procedure Could Get More TB Patients Treated An international team of researchers has found that revised protocols for diagnosing tuberculosis may be more user-friendly for patients and help bring more people into treatment, especially in poorer

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

今天要学的几个习惯用语都和数字有关。大家知道数字的英文是number。第一个习惯用语是:go by the numbers。 Go by the numbers,这个习惯用语的出典可能是这样的:有些商店在过节的时候顾客盈门,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

The evacuation procedure 撤离过程 A:Could you just run through the evacuation procedure? A:你能否解释一下撤离步骤? B: Yes, of course. When you hear the fire alarm, which is a very loud, continuous ringing noise, you should go to the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 职业技术英语口语

In this Business English Podcast lesson we look at how to explain or describe a procedure. Well also look at some common computer vocabulary. 在这节商务英语播客中,我们来看下如何解释和描述操作。我们也会看下普通的计算

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

hall 大会 rostrum 讲台 public gallery 旁听席 notice board 布告牌 to convene, to convoke 召开 convocation 会议 standing orders, by-laws 议事程序 rules of procedure 议事规则 constitution, statutes 章程 procedure 程序 agenda 议程

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

激光手术,大饱眼福 For many of us, walking in the rain can be a pleasant and even soothing experience. For those of us who wear glasses, though, drops of water on the lenses and obscured vision can have us running for cover. Interested in re

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

US, Russian negotiators expect an agreement on a new follow-on treaty to the 1991 START-1 pact by the end of the month Andr de Nesnera | Washington 06 December 2009 Former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev (L), former US President Georg

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

5. Maybe we can try shopping online. 也许我们可以试着在网上购物。 还能这样说: Perhaps we can try to buy things online. We might try to do shopping through the internet. 6. I tried to buy a new cell phone online, but I didn't know

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Unit 5 Who's Got Brains? 单元 5 谁有脑子? In the hospital, where their family member laygravely ill, the relatives gathered in the waiting room. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired andsomber. 家属全部聚集在医院的等候室,守着

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

迷你对话 A: Sir, would you like to have brocoli? 先生,要不要来点绿花椰菜? B: Read my lips. I dont like it. 注意听,我不喜欢这个菜。 地道表达 read ones lips 1. 解词释义 Read my lips字面意思是读我的嘴唇,

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语