Leslie Norris Helps the Police with Their Enquiries Norris: (calling out) Lorraine, 1) get'n a bit busy down 2) 'ere my love! Hah! Evening James. What can I get 3) ya? A half-pint short? James: Aanhh!

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

An international police operation has shut down the largest Internet paedophile ring ever discovered. Police officers rescued 60 children in Britain and a further 170 children in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the US. The team was led by Britain

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

After a year of clashes between American citizens and police officers, police in Alaska are trying something different: Making 2017 a Year of Kindness. The police department in Juneau, Alaska launched the campaign to urge residents to perform at leas

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Pakistan's First Female Police Chief Breaking Cultural Taboos Rizwana Hameed made history a month ago when she became the first female head of a male police station in Pakistans Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, or KPK, where conservative cultural and rel

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(9月)

CAIRO, March 17 (Xinhua) -- Clashes erupted between protesters and security forces outside the headquarters of Muslim Brotherhood (MB) in Mouqatam district, near central Egypt's capital Cairo, state-run Ahram online reported Sunday. Dozens of protest

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- More than 70,000 police were deployed to train stations across China to manage orders and ensure travelers' safety on Saturday, when the nation begins the biggest annual migration on earth. They will carry out all-day pat

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2015-12-06 Shootings Lead to Questions About Police Tactics Tension between police in the U.S. and the African-American communities they serve is in the spotlight again. Although 17-year-old Laquan McDonald was shot dead last October, a vide

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

What would society be like without the police? They do a very valuable job. Without them, our society would be less safe. The police are the people we call when we are in danger or something bad has happened. Even people who say they dont like the po

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-P

Dozens Dead in Iraqi Police Station Bombing Kirk Troy The explosion ripped through a police station in the town of Iskandariya just before mid-day , killing and maiming people and wreaking havoc on th

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

BEIJING, March 2 (Xinhua) -- Chinese police have seized 136 people for their suspected involvement in telecom scams and uprooted 39 criminal bases, according to a statement released by the Ministry of Public Security on Saturday. Police also solved 7

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. embassy officials say Kenya's former police chief has been denied a visa. Human-rights activists have welcomed the news, alleging gross rights violations committed by the police force under Hussein Ali's command. On Tuesday the U.S. embassy conf

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

On Thursday night, in Christchurch, two people were killed by a car which was being chased by a police car. Around 8pm, the police saw a car travelling at about 90kmh in a 50kmh zone. They followed the car. Thirty seconds later, the driver drove thro

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

In the suburban area of the city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, a former policeman has built a nursing home for retired police dogs. It's the first one in the province, perhaps in all of China. CGTN reporter Hu Nan visited the care center and brings

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

A blonde was being interviewed by the Chief of Police for an opening in the local Police Department. The chief said that before I hire you I have to ask a few questions. Chief: First how much is 1 and 1. Blonde ElevenChief: Well I guess I will accept

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

NEW DELHI, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) -- Indian police and protesters clashed Sunday at a demonstration zone in central Delhi, while the opposition criticized the government for a secretive and hurried cremation of the body of the victim of the Dec. 16 gang ra

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- Police have resolved 185,000 criminal cases during a one-year sweep of counterfeit and substandard food and drugs, the Ministry of Public Security said on Thursday. A total of 147,000 underground facilities, which manufac

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Nitiya: OK, can you actually talk a little bit about police in America? How much does the civilians trust them or what beliefs you have about them? Todd: Ooh, that I guess would depend on where you live. I grew up in a pretty small town. I'm white, C

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And I'm Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 On October 11th, 2010, th

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

In October 2007, 17 people were arrested on Tuhoe land in the Urewera district in the North Island. These people all belong to the Maori iwi Tuhoe or are supporters of the Tuhoe. The police believed they were training for terrorist activities against

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语