A small fire is better than none, their guest said. 火小总比没有好,客人说。 Still, he looked at the children's blue lips, 可是,他看着孩子们的冻得发紫的嘴唇, I wish that your hearth were wider. 我希望你的壁炉更宽

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN'S IRON STOVE 本杰明富兰克林的铁炉 Carolyn S. Bailey 卡罗琳贝利 When our country was young, Benjamin Franklin was one of its greatest and busiest men. 美国刚成立的时候,本杰明富兰克林是最伟大、最忙

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

From Boston, Louis would lead his family to the Philadelphia Zoo and show them Bird Lake. 离开波士顿后,路易斯会领着全家飞到费城动物园,让他们看看鸟湖。 Here, he would be greeted warmly by the Head Man in Charge of Bird

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

Heat wave has enveloped much of the mid-Atlantic and northeast. The temperatures are soaring to the upper 90s, things could make it downright unbearable for many and even dangerous for some. Kristen Welker of NBC station WCAU is in Philadelphia right

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

From Boston to Los Angeles, from New York City to Chicago to Dallas, museums are either planning, building, or wrapping up wholesale expansion programs. These programs already have radically altered f

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

Mike: So Dusty- Dusty: Uh-huh. Mike: Tell me a little about - you're from Philadelphia, right? Dusty: Yeah, yeah. Mike: Tell me a little bit about - soul food. Dusty: Okay. So soul food - actually, it comes from the South, and Philadelphia has a lot

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

(PHILADELPHIA, AP) Shaquille O'Neal scored 34 points as the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers beat the Philadelphia 76ers. (美联社费城电)湖人队以保卫冠军宝座的姿态击败费城七六人队,夏奎勒.奥尼尔在这场比赛中

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

On The Atchison, Topeka and The Santa Fe - Harry Connick Jr. Do you hear that whistle down the line? I figure that it's engine number forty-nine She's the only one that'll sound that way On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe See the old smoke ris

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡最佳英文歌曲

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History Series: Debating Slaves' Part in Representation of States The constitutional convention agreed that states with bigger populations would have more members of Congress. But would slaves be counted in that pop

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(三)月

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we visit the historic center of Philadelphia. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Philadelphia is a big city on the Delaware Riv

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-17 Ghanas Yaro Is Second Pick in MLS Draft 加纳的雅鲁成美国职业足球大联盟(MLS)榜眼秀 Joshua Yaro unfurled his new scarf with a smile. He is a new player with the Philadelphia Union soccer team in Major League Soccer

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-01-13 Center Helps Refugees with American Life 中心帮助难民适应美国生活 NARRATOR: The first thing Than Than remembers about America is the weather. THAN THAN: It was really cold. I never feel cold like this before. I was lik

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Fast-forward to Pennsylvania, where I find myself today. 快进到宾州,我现在住的地方。 I teach at the Science Leadership Academy, 我在科学领导学院教书, which is a partnership school between the Franklin Institute and the scho

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Every year 9 million people under 60 die from diseases that don't spread, such as cancer, diabetes and strokes. The UN and China recently called for a greater effort to reduce these figures. One tactic is to encourage healthy eating. But as Dominic S

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Chapter 17 Serena 第十七章 塞蕾娜 During the next ten weeks, Louis got rich. 接下来的十周里,路易斯变富了。 He went every evening except Sundays to the nightclub and played his trumpet for the customers. 除星期日外的每天晚

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

1.More than 350 people are reportedly dead in Myanmar after a powerful cyclone hit the country's southwest coast. Five regions have been declared disaster zones. Thousands of homes have also been destroyed. 2.The horse racing world is reeling after

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

You might ask, well, here in America, who has time for this? 你也许会问,但这是美国,谁有时间折腾这些啊? And I would tell you that the average American watches five hours of television a day. 我要告诉你,美国人平均每天

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Over the last six years the Chinese yuan has risen in value against the US dollar by over 20 percent. This is making it more expensive for Chinese Americans to visit their homeland. Dominic Swire recently spoke to some members of the Chinese communit

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

今天我们要学的词是cash in on。 cash in on, 大家都知道,cash 是现金的意思,cash in on something, 就是靠某件事情去赚钱的意思。美国费城橄榄球队老鹰队季后赛已经连闯两关。 Philadelphia-area bars ar

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词