[00:07.31]UNIT7 [00:12.78]A History of Christmas [00:15.63]Christmas is the most cheerful [00:19.56]and holy of holidays [00:21.86]in the Christian world, [00:23.29]which boasts of an [00:24.93]estimated 1.8 billion people. [00:27.23]Although the ori

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 最新15篇文章贯通英语四级词汇

When did sport begin? If sport is, in essence, play, the claim might be made that sport is much older than humankind, for , as we all have observed, the beasts play. Dogs and cats wrestle and play bal

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

10 Importing and Exporting Goods GLOSSARY to touch base with (someone) to speak with someone about something, especially to get that persons opinion and share ones own opinion * Ill give you a call so we can touch base on the revisedplan. regulation

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(201) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之商务英语

All races and ethnic groups in the U.S. increased in number last year. However, Asian and Hispanic populations continued to be the fastest-growing, according to the Census Bureaus yearly population count. The agency recently released the new informat

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

All races and ethnic groups in the U.S. increased in number last year. However, Asian and Hispanic populations continued to be the fastest-growing, according to the Census Bureaus yearly population count. The agency recently released the new informat

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。三个人谈到了东西方的迷信。Sue说, S: What about walking under a ladder? What's wrong with that? J: You know, I'm not really sure! But it's probably a good idea

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Can I help you, sir? Yes, I'd like a book about law. Would you tell me the name of the book and the author? Uh, the Origin of Law. And it's written by Professor Felix of Harvard. I'm sorry. It's out of stock now. Could you come by again next week? Ne

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

By the mid-nineteenth century, the term icebox had entered the American language, but ice was still only beginning to affect the diet of ordinary citizens in the United States . The ice trade grew with the growth of cities. Ice was used in hotels, ta

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

When did sport begin? If sport is, in essence, play, the claim might be made that sport is much older than humankind, for , as we all have observed, the beasts play. Dogs and cats wrestle and play ball games. Fishes and birds dance. The apes have sim

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(293) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

The earliest origins of tennis are a matter of some dispute. One side believes that the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans played a precursor to tennis. Drawings or descriptions of any tennis-like

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Fracking Could Lead to Big Profits for Some Companies A machine, developed by a company called OriginOil, removes sludge from water that came from an oil drilling site - with a process originally developed for extracting algae. Petroleum is nothing b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

A: I wanted to ask you a few questions. B: What about? A: They are pertaining to the neighborhood that the apartment is in. B: Sure. What would you like to know? A: What can you tell me about the neighborhood? B: In all honesty, the neighborhood coul

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: I wanted to ask you a few questions. B: What about? A: They are pertaining to the neighborhood that the apartment is in. B: Sure. What would you like to know? A: What can you tell me about the neighborhood? B: In all honesty, the neighborhood coul

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

One view, however, is entirely man-made. The Pinnacle Point Golf Resort is my walks newest landmark, but it sits on top of its oldest, as the caves beneath are home to the archeological site set to reveal secrets of the origin of mankind. The cliffs

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

And so i can see that there is hydrogen being produced by the supernova, and over here the yellow orange light is due to glowing atoms of sodium, it's the same sodium glow that we saw when I sprinkled the chemical into the fire, these ones here in th

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

图片1 If you want to tell someone to keep something a secret or promise to keep a secret for someone else you can use this expression: mums the word. At first it seems like a strange expressionmum is the word? Weird. But you will see it is not so c

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

The Origin of the Rainbow 彩虹的起源 Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel. All claimed that they were the best. 有一天,世界上的五颜六色彼此争吵了起来,每一个颜色都声称自己是最好的。 Gree

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Darwin in Battle of Wits against Unarmed Man Antievolutionist Ray Comfort will be distributing copies of the Origin of Species with a new introduction that misrepresents, misunderstands and distorts Darwin's ideas and legacy. Steve Mirsky comments No

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

By Jessica Berman Washington 14 September 2007 Scientists have known for some time that most of the stuff in the Universe is so-called dark matter, material that cannot be seen directly because it does not interact with light. That makes it very diff

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

The federal government is making its crackdown on 457 visas a top priority in the final two weeks of parliament .The government's runing out of time to get hundreds of bills passed.The League Labor cooks will meet today for the second last time befor

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年