Text A mother and her son learn more form a moment of defeat than they ever could from a victory. Her example of never giving up gives him courage for the rest of his life. The Day Mother Cried Gerald Moore Coming home from school that dark winter's

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第三册

Jerry Johnson interviews his mother, Carrie Conley, about raising six children as a single mother When he lay off. I just said Lord, what am I going to do with all these kids, by myself? and I just saved those small amount of money for food, cause e

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

A woman who claims to be the mother of a militant leader says she does not know if her son is alive or dead. Abubakar Shekau is the head of the Boko Haram militant group. Boko Haram launched its campaign against Nigerias government in 2009. Nigerian

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Katrina Katrinka was like any other ordinary mother with two kids, a station wagon, and a 60 foot tall crane in her back yard. The crane just showed up one morning. A construction company was building an apartment building down the street. One day th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Oksana Dragan On this week's edition of New American Voices, we talk with an immigrant mother whose son is returning from duty with the American Armed Forces in Iraq. Lena Tamakloe's oldest child, Pat

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

A schoolboy stole a book from one of his school-fellows,and brought it home to his mother.Instead of chastising him,she rather encouraged him in the deed.As time went by the boy,now grown up into a man,began to steal things of greater val

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it and this is what it said: For cutting the gr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There was a woman who had three sons. When they had grown up the sons left home went out on their own and prospered years later. Getting back together they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother. 一个女人有3个儿子。长

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Let me begin my speech with a replay of scenes familiar to most, if not all, of those present here today. Mum, I'm sorry, but I need 3,000 yuan for my tuition this year. Mum, it is my friend's birthday tomorrow, I must buy her a present. Mum, this ja

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Whoa, oh, yeah, She was so young with such innocent eyes She always dreamt of a fairytale life And all the things your money can't buy She thought daddy was a wonderful guy Then suddenly, things seemed to change It was the moment she took on his name

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Walk straight,said a mother crab to her daughter,stop dragging yourself sideways all the time. Mother,replied the daughter,just show me how.If you walk straight yourself I will copy you. Don't expect people to do things you would not do

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the person called MOM though some may not say it openly to their mother. Theres no substitute for her. Cherish every single moment. Though at times she may not be the best

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Beginners. My mother told me that when she was a young mother, my older brother would never leave her alone. He always wanted to be held. She would hold him even when she vacuumed. Clingy is the word. I was different. I always wanted to do my own thi

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Mother---Ashanti I would never let a tear fall from your eyes, cause everyting you are to me, I could never let you hurt inside, You mean so much and I'm so thankful that your in my life, And I appreciate your love and all sacafice, Without you by my

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed thegifts they were able to give their elderly mother. The first said, I built a big house for our mother.The second said, I sent her a Mercedes with a dr

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A mother mouse was out for a stroll with her babies when she spotted a cat crouched behind a bush. She watched the cat, and the cat watched the mice. Mother mouse barked fiercely, Woof, woof, woof! The cat was so terrified that it ran for it's life.

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

His Mother Wants Him to Be a Doctor 它妈妈想让它当医生 A guy walks into a bar with a small dog. 一个人带着一只小狗走进酒吧。 The bartender says, Get out of here with that dog! 酒吧侍者说:带着你的狗出去! The guy

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

My Mother 我妈妈 I was walking through the supermarket to pick up a few things when I noticed an old lady following me around. Thinking nothing of it, I ignored her and continued on. 我在超市里转悠着想要买些东西,可我注意到一个

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

A native of Ying,capital of the state of Chu,sold his mother.He made entreaties for his mother to the one who bought her.My mother is old.Please see that she has enough food and do not ill-treat her. This was an example of one who wanted

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A Mothers Love 母亲的爱 A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is wh

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文