Unit 5 Afternoon Tea Useful Expressions A: Guest, Customer 1. Could u pass me the sugar, pls? 2. I prefer tea bags, they are more convenient. 3. I like strong tea. 4. This tea tastes kind of bitter. I think it's been brewing for too long. 5. My favou

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-大学生活

[00:07.24]Can't lose no watch 就不能丢块手表 [00:09.20]not even a beat-up Elgin or a sorry-ass cufflink 或是旧的大理石或手链 [00:12.53]What am I talking about? Not even a fake fucking ring 我在说什么 连假戒指都没有 [00:17

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-海上钢琴师

讲解文本: kick one's ass 痛扁某人 One more word and I'll kick your ass. 你再说一个字我就揍你! 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

He arrived home a little bit hungry. First, he had to take a small package of ham out of the freezer. But before he did that, he took the big pot off the stove and put about an inch of water in the bottom. Then he put the steamer basket into the pot.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

What 'Separation Between Church and State' Means One of the things the United States is known for is a separation between church and state. But those exact words do not appear in the U.S. Constitution. Instead, Americans point to a line in the First

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Questions for dialogue 2: 1. Why does Xiao Gao want to call the shots next time? He didnt like the bar they went to 2. Why is Xiao Gao upset today? Because the car he bought was a lemon 3. Did Jingjing follow her New Years resolution and wake up earl

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

1. Q: What will the woman have to do? A) Switch to a different flight. B) Go to the airport immediately. C) Ask the man to change the ticket for her. D) Buy a ticket for the ten o'clock flight. 2. Q: What does the woman mean? A) Dr. Lemon has lost hi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

In a city that lives while its bright stars die 身处一座星辰黯淡之际焕发生机的城市 And you start to get old when you turn 25 当你步入25就意味着开始老去 Where else can you go when you've got that drive? 徒有一身涣散的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Acid 酸 Why does the lemon taste sour? 为什么柠檬的味道很酸? It is because of the acid in a lemon. 因为柠檬里有酸。 Then what is acid? 那么什么是酸? All substances with a sour taste are kinds of acid. 所有带酸味的物质

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第12册

That's okay, I'll try again later. 没问题,我过会儿再打来。 Okay. Thank you for calling, goodbye. 好的,谢谢你的来电,再见。 Excellent! Oh! 太棒了。 How did you call me without dialling? 你是怎么不拨号就能给我打

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

What an excellent performance from Anna. 安娜的表现太出色了。 She focussed on some key points, supported them with facts and structured her answer clearly. 她关注了一些关键点,并且用事实辅助它们,她组织的回答清晰明

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Tip Top Trading is growing fast our number of clients doubled last year. Tip Top Trading正在飞速成长,去年我们的客户数量增加了一倍。 This is because our company 这是因为我们的公司 Yes, but try not to bark out informatio

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Hello, this is Anna speaking from Tip Top Trading, I want some imperial lemon sized luxury boxes. 你好,我是Tip Top Trading的安娜,我想要一些装皇家柠檬的豪华礼盒。 ...What? 怎么了? Let's make this order a bit more polite

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

我们今天要讲的习惯用语都用了一些普通水果的名字,像香蕉、苹果和橘子等。不生活在美国的人往往会被这样的习惯用语难倒,因为它们看来眼熟,却不知所云。好,让我们来为你排忧解难

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

11 Over the rainbow E. Y. Harburg Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high Theres a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a sta

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

Over the rainbow E. Y. Harburg Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high Theres a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a star An

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Todd: OK, Keren, I thought we'd talk about health. Keren: OK. Todd: And you look very healthy. Keren: Yes. Todd: So first of all, we're going to talk about remedies. What do you do when you have a cold? Keren: When I have a cold, I try to rest as muc

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

October 22 10月22日 Read it! 读读看! Alex ordered a large freshly-squeezed lemon juice. 亚力克斯点了一杯大杯的现榨柠檬汁。 It wasn't sour. 柠檬汁不酸, It has sugar in it. 里头加了糖。 Abby tells him to call the dr

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

One of the strangest things about English people is what we eat for breakfast. Some people have a cooked breakfast, with bacon and eggs and sausages. But most people are far too busy to cook things for breakfast. So they have a nice cup of tea or cof

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Over the rainbow E. Y. Harburg Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high Theres a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a star An

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读