VOA美语咖啡屋 Lesson 66:John, A Scuba Diver Y: 各位听众好,欢迎您到美语咖啡屋。我是杨晨。 J: And I'm Jody! Welcome to American Cafe! Thanks for dropping in. Summer is just around the corner. Y: 没错,夏天要来了,我

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语中级

Acclaimed jazz guitarist and singer is known for his tantalizing tribute albums. His latest tribute celebrates the music of legendary jazzman Duke Ellington. Doug Levine | Washington 27 February 2010 John Pizzarelli has a lot in common with Duke Elli

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Elton John Candle In The Wind 1997 这首歌是艾尔顿强为纪念黛安娜王妃的去世,以原来为玛丽莲?梦露所作的Candle In the Wind改写歌词而成,传唱经久,又名《再见,英格兰玫瑰》。这首歌在一九九七年九

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 教师节英文歌曲

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006: He Influenced Economic Thought for Many Years STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Economics is a field based on mathema

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A: John says I'm pretty. Andy says I'm ugly. What do you think, Peter? B: I think you are pretty ugly. Insulting someone is often considered funny, especially when that person is fishing for a complement. NOTE: pretty ugly = very ugly

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: October 17, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about pianist John Lewis. He created one of one of the most fam

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - John Lewis of the Modern Jazz Quartet By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Sunday, October 17, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Graphic Image And I'm Shirley Griffith with

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

(THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Nicole Nichols. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about discoveries of the past on the island of Saint John, in the United States Virgin Islands. Saint John

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

创作才子 John Mayer 联手大牌女友 Katy Perry 深情恋曲《Who You Love》!John自从被《Dear John》扩大在青少年间的知名度后,他音乐上的造诣反而被有意无意地忽略掉。这首歌相信可以证明他的实力。

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

BEIJING, March 20 (Xinhuanet) -- Walt Disney Studios announced on Monday that the studio expects to take a write-down of about 200 million U.S. dollars as the result of the expensive adventure movie John Carter. The film has so far generated 184 mill

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AMERICAN STORIES - Childrens Story: John Henry Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. Today we tell a traditional American story called a tall tale. A tall tale is a story about a person who is larger than life. The descriptions in the s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC)He was one of the greatest saxophone players of all time. He wrote jazz music. He recorded new versions of popular songs. And, he helped make modern jaz

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

It's been five years since singer-songwriter John Prine has released an album of new original material, and three years since his last collection of cover songs. While the award-winning artist has stayed out of the studio, he has not been off the sta

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

John Slattery Gushes About His Role In Revived Broadway Classic 'Front Page' play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0005:00repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or updat

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

John Key announced five new Cabinet Ministers yesterday from the minor parties. Today, he announced another 23 from the National Party. This makes 28 Ministers. Bill English will be Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance and Minister of Infrastru

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

AMERICAN MOSAIC -March 15, 2002: Music written by John Williams / A question about Saint Patrick's Day / Watching baseball players get ready for the season Broadcast: HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC —

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about pianist John Lewis. He created one of one of the most famous jazz groups in America, the Modern Jazz Quartet.

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

The Prime Minister, John Key, is on his way to Thailand for the Asean conference which will be held this weekend in Pattaya, 100km south of Bangkok. Ten Asian countries including Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and China, will be represented at

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Prime Minister, John Key, has just ended a 3-day visit to Afghanistan. Helen Clark also visited Afghanistan when she was Prime Minister. We have 70 members of the SAS (Special Air Services) fighting in Kabul and 140 soldiers working in Bamiyan provin

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Last week, John Key visited four Pacific Island countries: Tonga, Samoa, Niue and the Cook Islands. He spent one day in each country. New Zealand gives financial aid to each of these countries and one reason for the visit was to find out what each co

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语