As we mentioned, President Xi will travel to the US for his first face-to-face meeting with President Donald Trump. The two-day trip will be held in Florida at the Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate. Dubbed the Winter White House, the Mar-a-Lago estate is own

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(311) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

House Hunting 购屋大作战 Dialogue A Zoe and Burt are looking for a new house. Zoe:Look! I found some great houses in the newspaper we can visit. Burt:OK. I'll look at them later. Zoe:You agreed that we would move to a bigger house, but it seems

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Today we discuss the greenhouse effect. Farmers and gardeners have long used greenhouses to extend the growing season in cold weather. Now, hoop houses are gaining popularity. Hoop houses are someti

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

17Rooms in a House GLOSSARY to babysit to take care of another persons children or pets (animals) for a short period of time, usually in exchange for money* Olivia started babysitting her neighbors children when she was 14 years old, for $7 per hour.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

Lesson 23: A new house 新居 First listen and then answer the question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 Why is the new house special? I had a letter from my sister yesterday. She lives in Nigeria. In her letter, she said that she would come t

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(434) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

Miranda Lambert- The House That Built Me 我的老屋 我的回忆 I thought if I could touch this place or feel it This brokenness inside me might start healing 《The House That Built Me》选自美国乡村歌手Miranda Lambert与2009年发行的第

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 E乐吧

目前大卫芬奇(David Fincher)操刀为Netflix制作的大热原创美剧《纸牌屋》(House of Cards)广受追捧,剧中凯文史派西(Kevin Spacey)主演一个冷血无情的美国国会议员及与他同样野心勃勃的妻子在华盛顿高

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Samir, Sweden speaker Oh, my dream house? It is on the beach. You have a great view of the ocean and the beach, and it should be really big - a bighouse - with maybe an elevator, and maybe at least three cars and a cinema in the house as well. That w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Average house prices have increased by 6.7% in the last 12 months in New Zealand. However, the increase in Auckland central city was 11%. The reason for the increase was partly because mortgage rates are low at the moment, around 6%. There is also a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The Alden House was jumping. Every few minutes, people on the front porch rang the doorbell. And every few minutes on the back porch, the family dog, Watch, whined to come in. The Alden children were in the kitchen baking cookies. Watch didnt want to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 85 Disappearing Staircase Myst

Benny Alden was a boy who liked to see things happen. One day at breakfast he burst out, Those kids next door are the dumbest kids I ever saw! Grandfather Alden looked up in surprise. He said, That doesnt sound like you, Benny. You are usually a kind

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 14 Tree House Mystery

The Alden children and their cousins Joe and Alice Alden stood in front of an old house on the edge of Greenfield. They looked up and down at the three-story, gray-shingled home. It needed painting. The porch steps were broken and the windows on each

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

OliverJeffers生在澳大利亚西部,但成长于北爱尔兰的贝尔法斯特,现在纽约。是个插画师,也是个作家。从 2004 年至今,他在动画界获奖无数。他的画充满童真,有点淡淡的忧伤,但又有浓烈的

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 TOP50 初级英文绘本

Preparations for the Chinese New Year in old China start well in advance of the New Year's Day. The 24th of the twelfth month is set aside for the annual housecleaning. Every household will give a thorough cleaning to their houses, clothes, bedclothe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

We have a nice house. It has three bedrooms. It has three bathrooms. It is a one-story house. It doesnt have any stairs. It doesnt have a second floor. It doesnt have a basement. It does have an attic. It has a chimney and a fireplace. It has a kitch

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

THIS IS AMERICA - America’s ‘House of Rock’ By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, April 25, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fa

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

A: I appreciate you dropping by to look at my home. B: It is useful for us to take a walk through your home together, so that we make sure that we are on the same page. A: How do you show my home to potential buyers? B: We will have an Open House or

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

"White House Down" Tells Story of Washington Under Attack Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English! Im June Simms. On the show today, we play music supportive of the gay rights movement. We also talk about a new tax that is worrying s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(七)月

A: What suggestions do you have for preparing for the Open House on Saturday? B: The two most important things are that your home is clean and clutter free. A: My mother is old and wants to stay in her room during the Open House. B: Absolutely no occ

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

《Little House》是电影《分手信》(Dear John)的插曲,由女主角的扮演者Amanda Seyfried演唱。难以抵挡的天赋,甜美的声音,Little House,虽然还没有看到电影,就早已让听者感受到歌曲其中情怀的

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲