Rice is low-fat and high in energy, and you can mix it with just about anything to make a wide variety of tasty nutritious dishes. Ask anyone from any country in the world to tell you their favourite rice recipe and you will get a wide selection, ran

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

A few years ago, I visited county Gore way in Ireland, I traveledthrough sea set towns, a long rocky coast and took a boat out to thelonely Irish island. At the mouse of the Gore way bay, I love the lashgreen ship meadows of countryside, the smell of

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

The Chinese phrase xue ba, or study bully, has become a buzzword in China, referring to students who are particularly good in school. Now, Beijing is welcoming a group of American xue ba for an educational exchange tour. We look at the experiences of

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

Lesson 100 The River Crossing 横渡河流 Words: fold v. 折痕,折 foliage n. 树叶,植物 folklore n. 民俗学,民间传说 folly n. 愚笨,愚蠢 foment v. 煽动,助长 footnote n. 脚注 forage v. 搜寻(食物);n. (牛马等家畜的)饲料 foray n. 突袭,偷袭 forbid v.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

By Ron Corben Bangkok 27 May 2008 Nepal's traditional instruments date back centuries and have been very much at the core of the country's cultural heritage. But these days, modern musical forms from India and the West have some fearing that traditio

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Movies About Superheroes Score Big in US Captain America and the superheroes known as The Avengers have a plan - to dominate movie theaters, as they compete with rival superheroes - Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, and The Amazing Spider-Man. The Ave

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Lantern Festival Shines Light on Chinese Culture Even though the Saint Louis, Missouri area has a small Chinese population, the midsize city on the Mississippi River is going Chinese in a big way. The Missouri Botanical Garden, an urban oasis of plan

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

KORVA COLEMAN, HOST: Seanan McGuire published her first book in 2009, and since then, she's written more than two dozen novels across multiple fictional universes, from urban fairy fantasy to zombie horror. And this year, she achieved her lifelong dr

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

The experiment proves that a rogue wave could have theoretically sunk the S.S.Poet. But Graber has spent 20 years studying this oceanic phenomenon. He knows there is no evidence to suggest that rouge waves occur more often in the Triangle than any ot

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Topics: American folklore: Bigfoot; Whos on First?, to tear apart, Cliff Notes, to fall out of love Words: UFO folklore Pacific Northwest hoax sighting creature comedy routine duo nickname play on words to tear apart (someone or something) Cliff Note

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: October 24, 2002 Re-broadcast on VOA News Now: October 27, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- a tribute to Allen Walker Read, who died this month at the age of 96. Mr. Read devot

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

By Suli Yi Tucson, Arizona 13 February 2008 The city of Tucson, Arizona is known for its murals. These wall-size works of art represent a traditional Chicano art form and reflect the city's large Mexican-American population. Some paintings celebrate

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Protecting the Intangible Cultural Heritages 1.保护非物质文化遗产很重要 2.非物质文化遗产指的是 3.为保护非物质文化遗产我们应该 【精彩范文】 Protecting the Intangible Cultural Heritages Like tangible cultural h

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

Topics: American Cities: Albuquerque; Survivor Reality TV Show; yet; differentiation versus distinction; so near and yet so far Words: desert to settle to occupy Old West outlaw folklore hot-air balloon reality television stranger shelter reward alli

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Broadcast on VOA News Now: November 10, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: proverbs in American English. RS: It's tempting to call Wolfang Mieder the proverbial expert from out-of-town. A professor of German a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast: November 17, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster we have part two of our look at proverbs in American English. RS: We continue our conversation with Wolfgang Mieder, a professor of German and folklore

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

If you used your imagination to create a fantasy world, what accent would the characters speak in? This month sees the return of the successful American television series, Game of Thrones. Set in a fantasy world of mythical castles and charming princ

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

The Patriotic Poet: Qu Yuan 爱国诗人:屈原 An outstanding statesman and patriotic poet in the state of Chu during the late Warring States period, Qu Yuan (339BC-278BC) was born in Dan Yang, Hubei Province. Qu Yuan lived through three reigns of

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(229) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: The Grammy Awards come next weekend in Los Angeles. Among this year's nominees is Southern folklorist William Ferris. Now, you probably will not see him outside Staples Center fending off the paparazzi. But if you do not know his

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

(SOUNDBITE OF NICOLA CRUZ'S SIETE) SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Our next guest is one of the most well-known electronic musicians in South America. NICOLA CRUZ: I'm Nicola Cruz. I'm a musician based in Ecuador. I mainly focus on electronic music, kind of mixin

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月