STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the history of radio and the latest technology. (MUSIC) SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Our story begins in Britain in eighteen seventy-three. A scientist named James Max

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 , 您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(285) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第二册

The Transport Workers Union has lost acourt battle with Qantas over industrial action by baggage handlers two years ago. The stop work meeting in March 2009 caused major delays at airports around Australia.The Federal Court has found that TWU and its

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

The US economy continues to show encouraging signs of recovery with growth picking up to 3.2 per cent in the final quarter of 2010. The result takes the annual growth rate for the last year to 2.9 per cent, the biggest increase since 2005. US Treasur

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

1.Police believed an altercation at a hotel promoted a deadly attack in Las Vegas, police say a gunman shot and killed the driver of the car, which then crashed with a taxi, the taxi bursted into flames, killing the driver and passenger. 2.A winter s

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(二月)

A new pledge by the authorities here in China to expand property taxes is drawing warnings by some observers, who are warning the government not to misuse the property tax program to artificially push down housing prices. CRI's Shen Chengcheng explai

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Sports-Related Injuries Grace: What happened to you?! Paul: I had a little accident at the game today. Grace: Little accident?! Youre limping and obviously in pain! Paul: I just pulled a muscle in my back and aggravated my runners knee, thats all. It

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Our guest tonight is Howard Schultz, the chairman of Starbucks Coffee Company. 今晚我们的客人是星巴克咖啡公司的董事长,霍华德舒尔茨。 He has turned his passion for coffee into a multi billion dollar global business with sto

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

Her tooth ached all night.她牙疼了一整夜。 ache在上句中作动词,表示持续性的疼痛。 ache可作名词,表示持续性的疼痛。 There were aches in his joints.他关节疼痛。 ache有时候跟某些器官合成一个单词表示某个地方的疼痛。例如: backache,背痛; earache,耳痛; to

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠一词多意

Vietnams largest technology company may profit from a free trade deal agreed to at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, or APEC, meetings in Da Nang this month. The new agreement replaces the Trans-Pacific Partnership, from which the United States

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

The week-long National Day holiday starts on October 1. Now is the time to sign up for package tours. But with fewer flights available this year, top destinations such as Xinjiang and Yunnan may already be sold out. Every National Day golden week br

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Many Along Mekong River Concerned About Hydropower Expansion Ek Than's family has lived in this remote Mekong village in northern Kratie, Cambodia, for more than three generations. As dams have popped up in China, as well as on upstream tributaries,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Making of a Nation: Southern Expansion - Program No. 7 From VOA Learning English, this is The Making of a Nation American history in Special English. Im Steve Ember. This week in our series, we finish the story of the first thirteen American colonies

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Despite Near-Term Energy Woes, Experts Optimistic The biggest development of an alternative to oil in recent years has been the expansion of natural gas production in the United States, using technologies that free up gas trapped in shale rock. That

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

EDUCATION REPORT - Two U.S. Businesses Aim to Help Students Prepare for Science Jobs By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, October 27, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Education Rep

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

November 26th, 1950China, under its new communist leader Mao Zedong, enters the Korean War on the side of neighbor and communist ally North Korea. Chinese troops launch a counteroffensive against the American-led force, under the UN banner and troops

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

November 26th, 1950, China, under its new communist leader Mao Zedong, enters the Korean War on the side of neighbor and communist ally North Korea. Chinese troops launch a counteroffensive against the American-led force, under the UN banner and troo

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

November 26th, 1950, China, under its new communist leader Mao Zedong, enters the Korean War on the side of neighbor and communist ally North Korea. Chinese troops launch a counteroffensive against the American-led force, under the UN banner and troo

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

I felt only a certain tightness in the joints of my fingers, and even this discomfort soon disappeared. 我仅仅觉得手指不能灵活使用,但这种困难情况不久也就消失。 As for the exhaustion bound to accompany a two-hour stroll in

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

今天我们要学的词是 markedly. Markedly 意思是显著地。The number of migrants crossing into the U.S. has dropped markedly since President Trump took office. 美国总统川普上任以来,跨境进入美国的移民人数显著下降。

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃