The Little Match Girl [00:00.80]卖火柴的小女孩 [00:01.59]It was late on a bitterly cold, snowy New Years Eve. A poor little girl was wandering in the dark, cold streets. [00:05.86]这是一个寒冷的除夕之夜,天正下着雪。已经很晚

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离李阳疯狂英语口语

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Health Officials in Uganda Watching for New Cases of Ebola From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today, we tell about renewed concerns in central

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Brunch早午餐 vs. Dunch下午茶 Urban Dictionary里面集齐了现代英文里的所有俚语。从网络简练用语stfu, wtf, omfg, ttyl......到词组basic bitch, valley girl, dat ass......再到句子I'm gonna ace this test, Nailed it......你都

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(219) / 评论(0) 分类 现代英文俚语讲解

The ancient landscape of Ireland is steeped in myths and legends. Some go back 3000 years into the mystery of its Bronze Age people. They left behind hoards of extraordinary work in gold. But nobody k

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 其他文化

Health Report - Medical Spies Keep Watch on Leaders 健康报道 - 关注领导人健康状况的间谍 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Not all spies target military, political or econom

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The janitor cleaned the church every day. He swept the floor with a broom. He mopped the floor with a mop. He vacuumed the carpet with a vacuum cleaner. He cleaned all the windows with a wet cloth. He cleaned the mens bathroom. He cleaned the womens

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

I am proud to come to this city as the guest of your distinguished Mayor, who has symbolized throughout the world the fighting spirit of West Berlin. And I am proud -- And I am proud to visit the Federal Republic with your distinguished Chancellor w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(337) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Grammar Girl here. Today guest-writer Bonnie Trenga will help us talk about which clauses and whether its OK to start a sentence with oneor a new paragraph. Incomplete Sentences Sentences that are missing something, such as a subject or a predicate,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - The Search for DNA from A Creature That May Not Exist BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein. Today we tell about an appeal for genetic material from

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

It's been a really really messed up week Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter And my girlfriend went and cheated on me She's a California dime but it's time for me to quit her La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

Search for Boston Bombers From VOA Learning English, this is IN THE NEWS. American law enforcement officials this week looked for suspects in the bombings at the Boston Marathon. Three people were killed when two bombs exploded near the finish line o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Innovator Nicholas Negroponte combines imagination, engineering and idealism to bring laptops to the world's children Adam Phillips | New York 22 February 2010 Related Links One Laptop Per Child MIT Media Lab Jerome Wiesner MIT Architecture School Ar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

年末最温馨,最好听,最感动,最励志的单曲,来自17岁的Zach Sobiech被确诊罹患骨癌,生命只剩下3个月。为了延续成为一名歌手、音乐家的梦想,他写了一首轻快励志的歌曲《云》(Clouds),留给

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Freetown, Sierra Leone 02 November 2009 Each year, half a million pregnant women in the developing world die of complications during labor, and about six million children are stillborn or die within a week of birth. For the next three weeks, well be

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Lets go fishing, said the father. Thats a good idea, said the mother. They put the kids into the car. They put the fishing rods into the car. They put the jar of worms into the car. They drove to the lake. The lake was huge. The name of the lake was

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

THIS IS AMERICA -July 8, 2002: The Catholic Church in America By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: Almost sixty-four-million Christians in the United States belong to the Roman Catholic Church. Sexual wrongdo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

今天我们要学的词是notch。 Notch是等级,档次的意思。Top notch是第一流的,无懈可击的。酷暑天气,人们总喜欢把空调调高几档。Many people turn their air conditioners up a notch in hot weather. 老虎.伍兹的

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I go to church and I'm going to tell you what it looks like inside my church. Firstly, when you go in, there's normally someone at the door who greets you and they give you a hymn book. Hymns are songs and we have a book full of songs, then in the ma

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The Munich Oktoberfest is the biggest public festival in the world and will be held in 2003 for the 170th time. Each year, the Oktoberfest is attended by around 6 million visitors, who drink around 5 million liters of beer and consume over 200,000 pa

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

As the World Bank warns Wednesday that Europe probably is already in recession, France's government has announced a series of measures to grow the country's economy and make it more competitive. Five days after Standard Poor's downgraded France and e

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻