THIS IS AMERICA - The United States Supreme Court Will Decide on Gay Marriage From VOA Learning English, welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in Special English. I'm Kelly Jean Kelly. And I'm Christopher Cruise. This week on our program, we talk about the issu

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Phillipstown primary school won a High Court case today to stay open. Earlier this year, the Minister of Education, Hekia Parata, decided to close a number of primary schools in Christchurch including Phillipstown school. The school was very unhappy

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Supporters of Gay Marriage Await US Court Rulings Supporters of same-sex marriage are rallying this week in Los Angeles and other U.S. cities, urging the Supreme Court to overturn California's 2008 gay marriage ban, called Proposition 8, and the Defe

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. In February of two thousand eight, Kosovo declared its independence from Serbia. Now the top United Nations court says Kosovo's declaration was legal. Hisashi Owada, president of the International Court of

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley speaks during a news conference, in Chicago. Daley said he's disappointed by Monday's widely expected Supreme Court decision that Americans have a right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere but promised to soon push f

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

今天我们要讲的美国习惯用语是:the ball is in someone's court. Ball是球,court是比赛场地。The ball is in someone's court,从字面上来理解就是:球在别人的场地内。作为一个习惯用语,它的意思是:现在

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: Order in the court! B: I would like to make my plea. A: What is it? B: I would like to plead not guilty. A: You do realize that all the evidence points to you? B: I know. But I did not do it. A: How do you figure that? B: I didnt commit the crime.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

Todd: Katia, we've been talking about law and international law. Now you worked in Argentina for an NGO, a non government organization, related to law. What kind of courts did you work for or work with? Katia: Actually it's one court. The Inter-Ameri

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The Supreme Court of the United States ended its term this month with a striking, almost dramatic finish. In recent days, the court announced major decisions that relate to immigration, labor unions and a womans right to end her pregnancy. It also ru

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A father of three sexual abuse victims tried to attack the former Olympic and Michigan State University doctor found guilty of the sex crimes. The incident took place Friday in a courtroom in Michigan during the sentencing hearing for Larry Nassar. T

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

By Caty Weaver IN THE NEWS -April 13, 2002: International Criminal Court This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program In The News. The world’s first permanent International Criminal Cour

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

AS IT IS 2016-02-24 What Lies Ahead for the US Supreme Court? The death of a member of the United States highest court has politicians arguing over who will take his place and when. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died February 13 at age 79. He

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AS IT IS 2016-03-17 Obama Names Garland to Supreme Court President Barack Obama has nominated Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Garland, 63, is viewed as a moderate, based on his 19 years on the Washington, D.C. appeals court. He is now the court

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

US Supreme Court to Consider Same-Sex Marriage Same-sex couples are getting marriage licenses in Washington state, where voters approved gay marriage in November. But their unions are not federally-recognized. That could change, thanks to Edie Windso

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Supreme Court to Rule on Gay Marriage in US Supporters of gay marriage believe public momentum is on their side as they prepare for two legal showdowns at the Supreme Court. Weve gone from zero states to now nine states plus the District of Columbia,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: America's opioid crisis continues to devastate families and communities across this country. It is also taking a toll on first responders and the criminal justice system. One city decided to take a new approach. Buffalo, N.Y., ha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

LOURDES GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: It's banned in many Muslim countries, but instant divorce persists among India's Muslims. There, men have the power to end a marriage just by uttering a single word which means divorce. Now India's supreme court is heari

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Todd: Katia, we've been talking about law and international law. Now you worked in Argentina for an NGO, a non government organization, related to law. What kind of courts did you work for or work with? Katia: Actually it's one court. The Inter-Ameri

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

WASHINGTON, June 29 (Xinhua)-- Americans are sharply divided over Thursday's Supreme Court decision to uphold the core of Obama administration's health care legislation, according to a Gallup poll released on Friday. The latest poll found 46 percent

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻