Welcome to the Bottom of the World Antarctica is the highest, driest, and coldest place on Earth. It is also the remotest, a fact which accounts for its unspoiled environment. It is difficult for people to get there, and not a comfortable place for p

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 剑桥英语之常用英语

Vella: OK, Daniel, I know you're still really young but I know you must be thinking about what you're going to do in the future so my question would be what do you want to achieve in your life? Daniel: Well, there are definitely three things I want t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Huge though bergs may be, they are nonetheless usually on the move. But come the winter, sea ice forms around them and locks them solid. As winter progresses, so more and more of the sea freezes, spre

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 冰雪童话

I am at the very center of the great white continent, Antarctica. The South Pole is about half a mile away. For a thousand miles, in all directions, there is nothing but ice. And, in the whole of this

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 冰雪童话

Idiom: No question 毫无疑问 Hit the book: Episode Antarctica Destination Naval Expedition Ecological Sensitivity Scenic Hazard Antarctica has become one of the world's most popular tourist destinations. Since 1969, the average number of visitors

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Be thankful even with just simple and small things Appreciating something from others would mean a lot to them It is a sign that we are having them as one of the special entities of our life It would also encourage them to respect and give more love

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

[ti:UNIT 7 Know Our World Coming! Lesson 56: Unit Review] [0:00.251]UNIT 7 [0:02.509]Know Our World [0:05.269]Lesson 56: [0:07.443]Unit Review [0:09.314]Ⅰ. Building Your Vocabulary [0:13.001]A. Fill in the blank with the proper word. The first lett

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 河北教育初中英语(初中起点)八年级下册

FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember. Scientists who study the Earth tell us that the continents and ocean floors are always moving. Sometimes, this movement is violen

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-04-22 African Advertising Agencies Cashing In 非洲广告公司很赚钱 Western advertising and public relations agencies are increasingly joining with African advertising companies. They are working together to attract international

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

NBA legend Dikembe Mutombo of Congo coaches a young Special Olympics athlete during a Basketball Without Borders community event in Dakar, Senegal, 5 Aug 2010 The National Basketball Association's Basketball Without Borders Africa program this year b

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has stepped down as chairman of the 53-nation African Union, but not without firing a few verbal broadsides at the organization. Mr. Gadhafi chastised his fellow heads of state for refusing to go along with his plan for

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

The first was that even though we grew, we didn't create enough jobs. 一,虽然我们进步,我们却没有创造足够的就业岗位。 We didn't create jobs for our youth. 我们没有为我们的年轻人创造就业岗位。 Youth unemploym

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

And this mobile money is also providing a platform for access to alternative energy. 这项移动支付技术也为获取替代能源提供了一个平台。 You know, people who can now pay for solar the same way they pay for cards for their telepho

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

模仿文本: One man though who is cautiously optimistic is the UN's former secretary general, now a leading development campaigner, Kofi Annan. He says that Africa is losing a staggering amount in tax revenue. Some estimates say as much as $60 bi

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

All the continents begin with an A except one. 地球上所有大洲的英文名字,除一个洲之外,都是以A开头的。 Asia is the largest continent. Africa is the next largest. 亚洲是最大的洲。非洲是第二大洲。 But Africa w

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Todd: OK, Hello! Nicoleta: Hello! Todd: What's your name? Nicoleta: Nicoleta. Todd: Hi, Nicoleta. Um, Nicoleta, where are you from? Nicoleta: Germany. Todd: Great. Great. Where in Germany? Nicoleta: It's called Tria, but it's quite, quite small. Todd

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: OK, Hello! Nicoleta: Hello! Todd: What's your name? Nicoleta: Nicoleta. Todd: Hi, Nicoleta. Um, Nicoleta, where are you from? Nicoleta: Germany. Todd: Great. Great. Where in Germany? Nicoleta: It's called Tria, but it's quite, quite small. Todd

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

By Challiss McDonough The new Pan-African Parliament will open its second session Thursday in South Africa. It is the first time the all-African body will be meeting in its permanent host country. It

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

1) The Sahara is the biggest desert in the world. 形容词最高级前通常必须用定冠词 the,副词最高级前可不用。 形容词most前面没有the,不表示最高级的含义,只表示非常。 It is a most important problem. =It is a very important problem. 注意: 使用最高级要注

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Todd: OK, Hello! 托德:你好! Nicoleta: Hello! 尼科莱塔:你好! Todd: What's your name? 托德:你叫什么名字? Nicoleta: Nicoleta. 尼科莱塔:尼科莱塔。 Todd: Hi, Nicoleta. Um, Nicoleta, where are you from? 托德:你好

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话