SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember. November is Native American Heritage Month in the United States. This week on our program, we explore the modern life, music a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

From Birds to Bears, Animals Face Danger Around the World 从鸟类到熊,世界各地的动物都面临危险 From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Anna Matteo. And Im Christopher Cruise. Today on the program, we tell about hund

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Why aren't you taking notes? 我说话呢,你怎么不记下? I'm sorry, were you not in that room? 你刚才不在那儿吗? What? What? Oh! The thing you said about being promoted? Genius! Genius. 什么,什么?噢!关于你要晋升的事情

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Rain, rain go away. Come back another day. This is a nursery rhyme we used to sing in England when we were small. We wanted it to stop raining so we could play. There was nothing more depressing than looking at the rain outside the window when we rea

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-R

Hi, everybody.This Monday, I'm heading to Alaska for a three-day tour of the state. 大家好!下周一,我将前往阿拉斯加州进行为期三天的访问。 I've been looking forward to this for a long time.Not only because Alaska is one of

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Todd: So, Asako we're talking about Alaska. Now, in Alaska, obviously there's lots of wilderness. Some people say it's the most wild area left in the word. Did you get a chance to go camping or hiking? Asako: Oh, yeah. Camping almost every single wee

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ooh ooh Ooh ooh I'm a dead man walking here That's the least of all my fears Ooh underneath the water It's not Alabama clay Gives my trembling hands away Ooh please forgive me father Ain't going back to Barton Hollow Devil gonna follow me 'ever I go

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Also: Scientists confirm that the Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur was an ancestor of modern chickens. Transcript of radio broadcast: 02 June 2008 VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: A polar bear in A

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

1. A springtime storm is bringing snow and gusty winds to the northeast, after the region has one of its mildest winters on record. The national weather service says several inches of snow could fall Monday from Buffalo, New York to Boston. 2. Alaska

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(四)月

This is AP News Minute. The man charged with killing a Texas deputy is being held without bond. Prosecutors say Shannon Miles shot Darren Goforth 15 times and that a gun found at his house matches shell casings found at the scene of the crime. Presid

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(九)月

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Richard Rael with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we begin the first of two programs about the discovery of gold. Huge amounts of gold. Enough gold to make a person extreme

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. This week on our show: Music from Wynton Marsalis and Willie Nelson performing together ... And a question from a listener about America's purchase of Alaska from Rus

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

Denali: The Alaskan Wild 阿拉斯加国家公园:海拔6190米的德纳里峰 This week on our national parks journey, we travel to the largest state in terms of land area: Alaska. Alaska is home to more national parks than any other state. It is

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

This mining school, complete with sled dogs, was set up in Seattle as a training site for potential Klondike prospectors. Lots of Americans have heard of the Klondike because of a popular ice-cream bar named after the place. It's in Canada, so we cou

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Reindeer populations are being threatened by climate change. A warming world makes their main winter food source disappear. But as KUCB's Zoe Sobel reports, reindeer on one Alaskan island are surprising researchers. ZOE SOBEL, BYLI

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Polar Bears Must Work Harder On Faster Sea Ice Treadmill奔跑吧!北极熊 Polar bears live on floating rafts of sea ice, hunting for seals. But in the Arctic Ocean north of Alaska, the cold polar wind constantly blows that ice from east to west. Wh

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

The Yukon and its neighbor, modern-day Alaska, were once part of the land that was Beringia. Stunning though this region is today is just a shadow of the world that was encountered by the First Americans. Underground, the soil is frozen solid, as it

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

How far do you suppose it is to Siberia from our country? 你猜从美国到西伯利亚有多远? how many miles away would you say? eight thousand?ten thousand miles? 你说有多少英里?8,000英里?10,000英里? As a matter of fact, it i

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Weekly Address: President Obama Announces New Plans to Increase Responsible Domestic Oil Production 每周电视讲话:奥巴马总统宣布负责任地增加美国国内石油产量的新计划 WASHINGTON In this weeks address, President Obama laid

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

经典歌曲:恋爱梦游,驶向远方 Stephanie Says The Velvet Underground - Stephanie Says Lyrics Stephanie says that she wants to know Why she's given half her life, to people she hates now Stephanie says when answering the phone What country

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲