Having Faith 信任 You can call me A.J. , which is an abbreviation of my full name, Alexander Justice. 【 你可以叫我A.J., 这是我的全名Alexander Justice的缩写。】 I like to abbreviate my name because it's easier for people to remember. 【我喜欢缩写我

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Day 3 abate 减弱 augment 增加 aggregate 总共的 deduct 扣除 diminish 减小 gage 估计 maximum 最高的 minority 少数 minus 减去 majority 多数 minimum 最小的 numerous 众多的 multiply 乘 multitude 一般人 not 无 maintenance 保持 quantitative 数量的 redundan

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

My dear Reynolds,- Ever since I wrote to my Brothers form Southhampton I have been in a taking, and at this moment I am about to become settled, for I have unpacked my books, put them into a snug corner - pinned up Haydon - Mary Queen Scotts, and Mil

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 On July ninth, South Sudan becomes the world's one hundred ninety-third nation. Almost ninety-nine percent of voters last month chose independence from

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

But inflationary pressures often take time to abate. 但通胀压力往往需要时间来缓解。 But inflationary pressures often take time to abate. 但通胀压力往往需要时间来缓解。 Perhaps the biggest problem concerns political good

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语初阶

Good.What's the amount you'd like to change? 好。您要兑换多少呢? Five hundred pounds. By the way, what's the exchange rate for pound sterling? 500英镑。顺便问问,英镑兑换率是多少呢? Fine. How much would you like to excha

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

Yes. And what kind of currency do you want to change? 好的。那么,您要兑换哪种货币呢? I want to exchange some sterling pounds for dollars. 我想将一些英镑兑换成美元。 What's it you wish to change? 您想要换什么? Wh

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

1. President Bush says he doesn't expect the violence in Iraq to abate anytime soon. He says he expects heavy fighting to continue for the next few months with more American and Iraqi casualties. 2. The head of the UN nuclear agency says he agrees w

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

As south Sudan prepares for nationhood in a few months, leaders in government, civil society and the donor community are struggling with the many needs of what is soon to be Africa's newest state. They agree that the challenges are enormous, but diff

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

The number of boat people trying to reach Australia continues to surge, with a new boat recently found. Most are fleeing conflicts in South Asia. Department of Home Affairs image shows two launches, right, from HMAS Launceston, not seen, interceptin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Scientists: Save More Than Forests 科学家:拯救全球气候 不只是保护森林 Protecting the worlds forests is promoted as a way of reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Forests store a lot of carbon in both trees and soil, which helps mitigate

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十一月)

US Officials Announce Tighter Border Security in Iraq Laurie Kassman U.S. administrator in Iraq Paul Bremer says border security will be tightened following Tuesday's terror attacks on Shi'ite worship

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Satellites Help Explain Zebra Migration 卫星帮助解释斑马的迁徙 Every year, zebras in Botswana begin a 580-kilometer migration looking for food. Even though its an annual event, researchers only had a general idea when it would start and th

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

Egyptians Lash Out at Qatari 'Meddling' 埃及人抨击卡塔尔的干预 CAIRO After years of growing influence, Qatar's apparent ambitions as a regional powerhouse have faltered in Tunisia and Syria and with what some experts say is its latest stum

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

By CCTV Reporter Tang Bo Super typhoon Rammasun unleashed its force in south Chinas Hainan province on Friday, sweeping over its capital Haikou. Just one night of heavy rains and winds has left damage to the city with local residents and the municipa

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

The number of boat people trying to reach Australia continues to surge, with a new boat recently found. Most are fleeing conflicts in South Asia. 坐船偷渡到澳大利亚的人数持续增加。最近又有一艘新的小船被发现。大部分偷渡

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月

President Bush and Republican presidential candidate John McCain are both calling for an end to a moratorium on developing oil and natural gas resources along much of the U.S. coastline. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama opposes such a m

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年6月

The minimum wage and penalty rates will be examined in a government review in industrial relations. The Productivity Commission Fundings are expected to form the basis of a new workplace relations policy for the coalition. A final report is due in No

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

Manchester City 2-1 Leicester City - Craig Shakespeare and Raheem Sterling SATURDAY Craig Shakespeare, Raheem Sterling, your reaction to Manchester City 2-1 Leicester City.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

From NPR News in Washington. Im Lakshimi Singh. President Obama is putting his ideas for immigration overhaul before the people of Las Vegas, Nevada this hour. Im here today because the time has come for common sense, comprehensive immigration reform

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(160) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台1月