DAVID GREENE, HOST: Noel, I've got a kind of funny way to introduce our next guests. NOEL KING, HOST: OK. GREENE: The category is game show host. KING: Game show host. GREENE: Do you want to buy a vowel? (SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, WHEEL OF FORTUNE) UNIDE

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

When the children returned to the Greenfield Fours rehearsal studio, they told the band everything theyd found out. Im glad my keyboards turned up, said Amy. But who is this man in the beret? The other members of the band shrugged. We have no idea, K

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 109 The Rock N Roll Mystery

By Mona Ghuneim New York 31 October 2007 Vincent van Gogh painted some of the most recognizable and most valuable paintings in the history of art, and he is often remembered in the context of being a poor and mentally ill eccentric. But a current exh

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Classical Pianist Van Cliburn Dies In 1958, Van Cliburn became an instant celebrity when he won the Tchaikovsky International Competition in Moscow. It caused a sensation for an American to win a Russian competition during the tense standoff between

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight Gonna grab some afternoon delight My motto's always been 'when it's right, it's right' Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night? When everything's a little clearer in the light of day And we know the nig

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

CHAPTER 4 Lovans Story The family was so surprised to find an Indian woman instead of a man that no one said anything. The room they looked into had two chairs and a couch. On a table lay an Indian basket that was not yet finished. Bunches of sweet g

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

Radovan Karadzic is a former Bosnian Serb leader. He is currently on trial for war crimes and genocide at the International War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague. Karadzic is thought to be behind the deaths of thousands of people in Sarajevo and 8,000 Mus

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

恩雅(Enya)之后, 便只有爱尔兰女歌手美芙(Meav)有如此纯净完美的女声了,甚至有的人认为美芙(Meav)与恩雅相比,美芙(Meav)的声音在纯净中多了几分柔媚与迷离,更增添了一份迷人的韵致,被誉为嗓音美妙至极,唱工无与伦比。 美芙(Meav)的首张专辑《美芙的祈

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

英文歌词: It's true, we're all a little insane But it's so clear Now that I'm unchained Fear is only in our minds Taking over all the time Fear is only in our minds but its taking over all the time You poor sweet innocent thing Dry your eyes and te

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

AS IT IS 2013-06-18 Van Cliburn Competition Looks for the Best of the Best From VOA Learning English, welcome to AS IT IS! Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today on our program, we make beautiful music. Well, we may not be making it, but we will celebrate some

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Van Cliburn Competition Looks for the Best of the Best From VOA Learning English, welcome to AS IT IS! Hello, I'm Steve Ember. Today on our program, we make beautiful music. Well, we may not be making it, but we will celebrate some very talented youn

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

As It Is - The great American pianist Van Cliburn Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today, Mario Ritter tells us about how retired Roman Catholic Bishop Paride Taban has served people in Sudan --sometimes at the risk of his life. Kelly Jean Kelly tells about th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

1837 Brings New President, Economic Crisis - The Making of a Nation No. 49: Martin Van Buren Part 1 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation our weekly history program of American history for people learning American English. Im S

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

By Ron Corben Bangkok 22 March 2007 Violence in Thailand's southern provinces has reached a level that shocked many when Muslim separatists attacked a van and killed nine passengers. As Ron Corben reports from Bangkok, experts say it appears the mil

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

The lawyer for former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic say he will conduct his own defense before the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague, where he faces charges of genocide and war crimes committed in Bosnia i

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

Belgian prime minister is a low-key politician with a reputation for conciliation, some are deeply disappointed that European leaders failed to choose a more forceful and high profile personality to represent the regional bloc on the world stage. Li

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

Police in San Dimas pulled over a florists van yesterday and arrested the driver, Karl Rover, for smoking and transporting marijuana. The police got suspicious when Karl remained stopped even after the light had turned green. One officer asked Karl w

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

英文歌词: I can't see your star I can't see your star Though I patiently waited, bedside, for the death of today I can't see your star The mechanical lights of Lisbon frightened it away And I'm alone now Me and all I stood for We're wandering now A

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

英文歌词: Don't cry to me If you loved me You would be here with me You love me, come find me Make up your mind Should've let you fall And lose it all So maybe you can remember yourself Can't keep believing We're only deceiving ourselves And i'm si

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

BERLIN, Sept. 27 (Xinhua) -- Bayern head coach Louis van Gaal and Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich agreed on a contract extension(延期) until 2012, the club announced on Monday. After a victory anybody could extend(扩大延伸) a contract.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻