Carl: Uh! Whats that smell? Jody: Im working on my latest invention. Im turning our old food into an energy source for our car and our house. Carl: Why? There are already lots of types of renewable energy that power cars and homes, and none of them s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Christine: What is this sticker on your drivers license? Saul: This sticker? It indicates that Ive signed up for the organ donation program. If anything bad happens to me, I want my organs to go to recipients who need them. Christine: You mean you wa

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

George: Whoa, what happened? Inga: The lights went out. Did we blow a fuse, or is this a blackout? George: Well, I dont see any lights on in any of the houses down the street. Its pitch black out there. Inga: So its another power outage. Somehow the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The apartment manager asked all of the tenants to come to a short meeting to learn about fire safety. I didnt want to go, but the manager said that there would be free food, and who am I to turn down free pizza? ... Apartment manager: Thank you all f

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

威尼斯举办雷戈塔斯多利卡划船比赛 This is AP News Minute. A final memorial service was held for the late US Senator John McCain at the US Navy Academy in Annapolis on Sunday. On the academy grounds, overlooking the Severn River, McCain

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(九)月

How Full Is That Glass? 杯有多满? How does the shape of a glass affect how much you drink? A scientist set out to examine just this, and the results are rather astounding . Whatever the age of the subjects, they consistently poured more juice i

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Can Men Handle Alcohol Better than Women? 男性酒量比女性好吗? Some men brag that they can handle alcohol better than women. Can there be some truth to that? 引导语:许多男性吹嘘说他们比女性更能掌握酒量。有事实能证

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Why Barn s Are Red Yal: This was a great idea, Don. It's a beautiful day for a drive to the countryside. Don: Yep! Y: Hey, there's a big red barn . An another one, also red. I wonder why so many barn s are painted red. D: I don't have to wonder . I'v

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Salt vs. Ice 食盐大战冰块 Y: Why does salt melt ice? D: It lowers the melting and freezing point of water. Y: Oh,OK.Wait,I don't get it. Doesn't that mean the salt make ice colder? D: Let me explain.Pure water freezes at thirty-two degrees Fahr

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Overfishing Whales and the Environment 过度捕鲸与环境 Until recently, when scientists studied changes in open-ocean ecosystems, they looked at changes in the bottom of the food chain that gradually make their way to the top, like food shortage

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Cyber -diversity 网络多样性 I'm so tired of hack ers . That's what happens when you have bunch of computers runing the same software. Because they share the same flaw s , if you can hack into one, you can hack into them all. That appens in natur

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Supertasters Beware! You may have heard of supertasters. These are people who, it was discovered, are carrying around extra taste buds on their tongues, making the world of eating much more intense. Its not at all an unusual thing: the latest data su

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Organic Pollutant s Yes,eating organic foods is a great way to reduce the amount of pollutant s in your body, but you cant entirely escape pollution, no matter where you live. Persistent organic pollutant s , or POPs, are everywherein our food, soil,

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Forensics 辩论术/ 法医学 A murder has been committed. The scene of the crime is a secluded area. There were no witnesses , and the body is considerably decayed . As the chief investigator, you have a suspect who was in town a week ago. But to c

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Woodpecker s and Fungus 啄木鸟和真菌 W: Woodpecker s puncture the bark of dead or dying trees, also known as snags, to find the wood-boring insects that make up their diet, and some species also excavate cavities in these trees for their nests.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Zebra After all, domesticating zebras is nothing new. It's not? No. In fact, people have been trying to domesticate zebras for about a hundred years. So the zebra market has already been cornered? Not exactly. There is no zebra market, because zebras

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Zebra After all, domesticating zebras is nothing new. It's not? No. In fact, people have been trying to domesticate zebras for about a hundred years. So the zebra market has already been cornered? Not exactly. There is no zebra market, because zebras

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Dear Annie: My best friend, Denise, recently moved back to our hometown after two years away. We talk every day, and there is hardly anything we keep from each other. The problem is, Denise is perpetually unhappy. Since she moved back, her negativity

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Dear Annie: I am a young married woman. My husband, let's call him Pete, is very possessive and jealous. He also has an anger problem. Anytime I go to the store, he wants to know exactly what store I am going to, who I'm going with, when I am going t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

News in the age of information We are often told that the age of the information economy has arrived. The idea is that intellectual work is becoming a more important source of wealth than manufacturing. There are already too many factories for the nu

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest