Hand Gestures 手势 You know, radio is a great thing. Here I am! Flying high above the earth, but my voice is coming across just as if I were sitting in front of you. Communicating by voice alone has its drawback s , though. For example, I cant use

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

The Lowest Note in the Universe 宇宙中的最低音 It's coming from a black hole in the Perseus Cluster, about two hundred fifty million light years away. A black hole?And outer space?That makes sound? Whats happening out there is that interga

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Alcohol can cause you to awake frequently in the night, reduce the amount of deep sleep you get, and cause you to wake up earlier than usual in the morning. The overall effect is that you end up feeling tired the next day. And thus you might be tempt

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

At a local supermarket, two women push half-filled grocery carts. The ladies are good friends, but they couldn't be more different. One is a stay-at-home housewife who loves to create culinary masterpieces from scratch. The other is a training superv

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(16) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Dear Annie: My sister and brother use too many antibiotics. And they both use only as many pills as they need to feel better and save the rest. I've told both of them that abuse of antibiotics is the No. 1 reason we have superbugs that won't be cured

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Most people who hold babies know that the moment babies go to sleep, they seem to gain weight. Of course, a babys weight doesnt really change when they fall asleep, so why does the limp, floppy weight of a sleeping baby seem greater than it actually

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Finally, I was off to college. Thanks for some careful savings, I did not have to work during the first school year. Then, summer hit and it was time to work harder than ever. I continued working as a waitress at night, as a tennis instructor doing s

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Hi there - I'm Sonali from the BBC World News for Children. Coming up: Man arrested over planned U.S bombing. The ash is back. And elephants on the loose! First - police in America have arrested a man on suspicion of driving a car bomb into one of th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Mike: Did you hear what Dan said? He called me a mick. What decade is he living in? Patti: Hes just ignorant. Im sure he wasnt trying to be offensive. Mike: Well, I take offense. And to add insult to injury, did you hear what else he said? Patti: Wha

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Tricking Your Muscles 肌肉欺骗了你? Heres a neat experiment: Find an open doorway and stand inside it, facing into the room. 做一个简单的实验:找一扇开着的门并站在门口,面向房间。 Now press your arms outward until t

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Old Faithful 老忠实喷泉是美国黄石公园中最负盛名的景观。黄石最著名的间歇泉是老忠实喷泉,它不像其他喷泉那样爆发没有规律,它每隔几十分钟,就会喷发一次,从不叫旅客失望。它始终如一

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Selective Memory Erasure 选择性记忆删除 Ya?l: Have any unpleasant memories, Don? Don: Sure. Who doesn't? Y: What would you say to having them permanently erased from your brain? D: Without losing other memories? Y: Right. Scientists did just t

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

What Causes A Can Of Food To Swell? 罐装食品膨胀的原因 Most of us are cautious eaters. If youre munching grapes, youll probably skip one thats all shriveled and discolored in favor of the round, healthy ones. Likewise, when you choose a can

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Food Caching 食物储存 Humans may be one of the smartest animals on the planet, but when it comes to remembering where things are, Clarks nutcrackers have us beat. A relative of jays and crows, nutcrackers hide pine seeds in the ground each autumn

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

How Do Robins And Other Birds Find Worms? 鸟儿捕虫的线索 Everyone is familiar with the sight of robins hopping around the yard, peering into the grass or head-cocking to locate a nice juicy worm. In no time, they find their prey and fly off wi

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Males Rule in Costa Rican Wasp Species 哥斯达黎加父系制度的黄蜂 In most species of social insects, such as wasp s , bees, and ants, the females rule. The females are the workers. They are the ones to go out and get the food, and they are

Here! Boy 乖乖,看这! Point at a ball and a dog will look at the ball, whereas a cat will probably look at your hand. Dogs seem to have a ready understanding of how human beings direct attention by pointing, and can follow our gestures almost

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Early-morning Shivers 清晨为何冷得发抖? 自然界、生物界都有它本身的特有的严谨的节律。人体的生物节律与自然节律相适应,人类才得以生存下来。地球上亿万年的昼来夜往,永不停息。人体的

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

No Need to Panic 惊恐发作( panic attacks),亦称为急性焦虑发作。患者突然发生强烈不适,可有胸闷、气透不过来的感觉、心悸、出汗、胃不适、颤抖、手足发麻、濒死感、要发疯感或失去控制感

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Hi there, I'm Ricky from the BBC World News for Children. It's Thursday the 10th of June. Coming up: Pop star Shakira's set to kick off the World Cup. South Korean rocket has 'exploded'. And the technology that allows students to sit exams at home. F