VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty. On our program this week, we will tell about new suggestions for treating heart attack victims. We also tell about a test for lung can

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: Charlton Heston And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about actor Charlton Heston. He is best known for playing powerful and heroic leaders in movies such as The T

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

VOICE ONE: This is Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special English program about the history of the United States. Today, we tell about the first term in office of President George W. Bush. Mister

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(九)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We answer a question from a listener about Jim Carrey/P Play music from Miranda Lambert/P And report about a national spelling contest. Nation

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(六)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about someone important in the history of the United States. This week we tell about black singer and songwri

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(六)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. The leaders of North and South Korea met this week. It was the first such meeting in seven years, and only the second since Korea was divided in nineteen fifty-three. South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, l

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Looking High and Low for Meaning of 'Pop Culture' By Dana Demange and Nancy Steinbach / Broadcast: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - James Stewart, 1908-1997: He Starred in Some of the Best-loved American Movies By Nancy Steinbach / Broadcast: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Rich Kleinfeldt with the VOA Special

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

EXPLORATIONS - Making Soaps with a Story By Dana Demange / Broadcast: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Have you ever wondered when washing your hands

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - Monkey: No Monkey Business Here By Marilyn Rice Christiano / Broadcast: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC Now, the VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. (MUSIC) Monkeys are very similar to us in many ways. Most h

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. This week, in part seven of our Foreign Student Series, we talk more about accreditation of American colleges and universities. To become accredited, programs have to meet quality standards that are

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Wednesday's presidential debate was the third and last between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain. But on Thursday they both attended a yearly political tradition in New York, a dinner to rai

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week, we will tell about a plan to stop the disease malaria in Africa by twenty fifteen. We will also tell about a change of leade

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about five individuals around the world who are making a difference. They are making the world a better place by helping people in special ways

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. This week We listen to guitarist Buddy Guy singing the blues Answer a question about great American tennis players And, tell about twenty-five creative people who won

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Governments are always judged by how they use power. But they differ by how they divide power. Some have strong presidents or prime ministers. Others have military control. But political scientist

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We listen to some music from Alice Smith /P Answer a question about two American actors /P And tell about an art museum in Miami, Florida. Marg

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. A round barn in Illinois American farmers traditionally keep their animals and equipment in barns that are rectangular, longer than they are wide. But as many as one thousand barns in the Midwest a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: Chickens at a market in Bangkok. And I'm Barbara Klein. This week, we will tell how a deadly bird flu virus is able to infect people. We will also tell about

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: Lucille Ball And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about the much-loved performer Lucille Ball. Her famous television series, I Love Lucy,was firs

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月