李华和Larry在讨论晚饭吃什么。他们会用到两个常用语:turn a new leaf和take baby steps. Larry: I'm starving, Lihua! What should we eat for dinner today? LH: 晚饭?只要不吃你的最爱 - 汉堡包和薯条 - 就行! Larry:

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

turn away 转头,回避 She kept trying to kiss me on the mouth, and I kept turning away. 她不断地想要亲吻我,所以我就不停地转头。 Don't you turn away from me. Look at me! 不要回避,看着我! Lord, help us find the stren

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

I jump from thought to thought like a flea jumps to a light 思绪跃动飞扬我如冲向夜幕的蜉蝣 You could give an aspirin the headache of its life 你可以予我一片阿司匹林缓释这名为生活的头痛 Maybe it's the crazy that I'd

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

US Will Turn Back Any Haitian Refugees, Warns Bush Scott Stearns President Bush says the United States will turn back any Haitian refugees who try to reach the United States. Mr. Bush is calling for a

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

turn one's back on 背对某人,拒绝(帮助),回避 Why did you turn your back on him? I told you to take care of him! 你为什么不管他?我跟你说过要好好照顾他的! Now I only turned my back for a second and she was gone. 我

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

今天我们要学的词组是turn the corner。 Turn the corner是出现好转,渡过难关的意思。伊拉克的局势让美国总统布什在国内备受压力。媒体报道说, Congressional leaders give President Bush a matter of months t

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

First listen to May 16th 2012 to hear about increases in class sizes. Hekia Parata, the Minister of Education, changed her mind about increasing class sizes. This was a U turn from her earlier decision. This was surprising because government minister

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

今天我们要学几个有turn这个词的习惯用语。Turn是个很普通的词。它当动词的时候意思就是转动。我们要学的第一个习惯用语是: turn tail。 Tail是尾巴,猫或狗在面临什么威胁的时候,往往会调

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

今天我们要学的词是U-turn。 U-turn, 是180度转弯,掉头的意思,经常用来指彻底转变。 He made a U-turn on his campaign promise of lowering taxes after being elected, 他当选后,彻底改变了减税的竞选誓言。 He

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

金属:Nightwish - Turn Loose The Mermaids 相关介绍 :Nightwish的灵魂人物,键盘手/词曲创作Tuomas Holopainen表示:最初这应该是专辑的一张内页插图,但是有一次我和团员们看到了最后完成的图画,我们立

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

turn left 左转 Go east for two blocks and then turn right. 向东走两个街头,再右转。 Go down this street and turn to the left. 沿着这条街一直走到底,左转。 Take this road until it ends and then turn right. 沿着这条街一直

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

混血儿Sean Paul自幼就很喜欢运动,并十分擅长游泳和水球。后来的Paul还入选了牙买加的国家队。但舞曲音乐却始终是Paul的最爱。Sean Paul在决定放弃体育之后开始专注于做自己的音乐。1993年,

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Is it me or did we agree to love? tell me why I don't feel we got enough. it's you but what about me? it seems like you live a life without me. everything seems to have your time but us my space in your heart is closing up and the place where your pi

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

今天我们要学的词是, turn down。 Turn down, 是拒绝的意思。朝鲜半岛南北双方领导人举行峰会。韩国总统卢武铉拒绝了将峰会延长一天的提议。媒体报导说,South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun turned down

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

turn out 结果为 In the end it turned out for the best. 最终证明了这个选择是最佳的。 Let's turn out all the lights and we'll watch the movie! 我们把所有的灯都关了,看电影吧! She was engaged to a guy who turned out to

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

释义: turn and 转身做某事 turn 最基本的含义为转身等转变方向的行为。因此 turn and (to) +动词表示转身做某事。 例句: He turned to leave, then turned back suddenly. 他转身离开,随后突然又转过身来。

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

wait one's turn 等待某人的顺序 I'm just getting a cookie, so wait your turn. 我买来了曲奇饼干,你就再等等吧。 Well, you'll have to wait your turn. 恩,你必须等着轮到你。 That's okay, we'll wait our turn. 没关系,我

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Language Points 1. turn sb. down 2. turn somebody on A sexy dress will turn me on. You turned me on. 3. turn up Only 30 people turned up last night.

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

turn over 翻身,谦让,传递 We turned over and faced each other. 我们转身四目对视。 When did you turn it over? 你什么时候转手的? Why didn't you just turn them over to me? 你为什么不直接给我呢? I think I hurt the

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Turn around, open your eyes Look at me now Turn around, girl I've got you We won't fall down, yeah We can see, forever from up here, yeah So long as we're together Have no fear, no fear So turn around, floating So high up off the ground Floating so h

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(476) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲