Words and Their Stories: State Nicknames, Part 4 词汇典故:美国各州别名 4 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Today, we finish telling about the interesting n

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Words and Their Stories: State Nicknames, Part 3 词汇典故:美国各州别名 3 Now, the VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 (MUSIC) Today, we tell about more interesting n

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Words and Their Stories: State Nicknames, Part 2 词汇典故:美国各州别名 2 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 As we told you last week, every American state h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Iraq Launches Offensive Against Islamic State WASHINGTON Iraq has launched an offensive to retake territory lost to Islamic State insurgents. Local Kurdish and Shi'ite militias have joined government forces to fight the invading radical group and the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is urging Israel and Palestine to make more effort to make their resumed negotiations a success to achieve a two-state solution. CRI's Su Yi has more. Ban Ki-moon issued the call during his visit to Ramallah. Ban call

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

The self-declared Islamic State (IS) group is close to defeat in Syria and Iraq. Now, some observers say the groups hope of winning the information war is also failing. They say IS propagandists are unable to say their side is winning. So the propaga

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(287) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

By Ted Landphair Big corporations use memorable slogans or symbols -- like the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

AS IT IS 2016-02-07 Islamic State Widow Shames IS Leaders The wife of a dead Islamic State fighter has voiced rare criticism of the terror groups leaders. The woman, who calls herself al-Muhajirah, posted a letter online. In the letter, she complaine

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Iraq has celebrated the anniversary of its costly victory over the Islamic State group. The government declared victory last December after a three-year war that killed tens of thousands of Iraqis and forced hundreds of thousands from their homes. Th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Alicia Keys打榜热歌:Empire State Of Mind续篇 Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down收录于美国创作女歌手Alicia Keys 第四张个人大碟《The Element of Freedom》。这首歌作为曾获得美国公告牌热门单曲榜冠军作

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

I purify, I cleanse myself through chaos and my soul runs cold I purify, I cleanse myself through chaos and my body breaks down I sustain, I cleanse myself and I remain but not the same Even stronger that it once appeared Also weaker I realize Electr

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

U.S. President Barack Obama is preparing to deliver his State of the Union Address at a time of political turmoil in Washington. Voter anger is high, and a Republican Senate victory in Massachusetts has sent shock waves through the president's Democr

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Words and Their Stories: State Nicknames, Part 1 词汇典故:美国各州别名 1 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 A nickname is a shortened form of a person's nam

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

How Do Islamic State Militants Finance Their Operations? From VOA Learning English, this is In The News. This week, the United States Congress approved part of President Barack Obamas plan to defeat Islamic State militants. The Senate voted Thursday

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-09 Shooter of Police Officer Pledged Allegiance to Islamic State A man shot a police officer in Philadelphia on Thursday and said he did it to support the Islamic State terror group. Officer Jesse Hartnett was hit multiple times afte

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Rex Tillerson as his secretary of state -- the top cabinet position. Tillerson currently serves as Chief Executive Officer at the Texas-based oil company ExxonMobil. In a statement, Trump said the business

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-11 A Long Recovery Ahead for Myanmar Chin State Floods and landslides in the Chin region of Myanmar displaced thousands of people this summer, but recovery has just begun. Almost 20,000 people were displaced by severe weather in west

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

U.S. President Barack Obama is pushing the themes of his State of the Union address - seeking public support for his policies at a politically charged moment in Washington. American presidents typically take to the road on the day after the State of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

President Barack Obama delivers his second State of the Union Address to the nation on Tuesday, before a joint session of the U.S. Congress. President Barack Obama will face a dramatically altered balance of power in the House of Representatives when

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

1940 out-of-state 今天我们要学的词是 out-of-state. out-of-state 意思是外州的。A federal judge ruled that Ohio must recognize out-of-state same-sex marriages when processing death certificates. 一位联邦法官做出裁决,要求俄亥

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃