by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Broadcast: March 3, 2003 By Onka Dekker This is Robert Colen the VOA Special English Development Report Organizers of the World Social Forum have chosen India as the meeting place in two-thousand-four

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-国际经纬

AS IT IS - The Social Progress Index Welcome to AS IT IS from VOA Learning English. Im Mario Ritter. Today, we hear about a different way to measure economic growth, the Social Progress Index. We also hear from the author of a book about institution

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And Im Christopher Cruise with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about an organization called Ashoka. It supports people who create new ways to solve social problems. (MUSIC) FAITH

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Ghana Politicians Using Social Media to Reach Out to Voters Only an estimated four percent of the people in Ghana use the internet. But the sector has immense potential for growth and tremendous mass appeal, especially among young people in urban are

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

Collecting garbage or helping those less fortunate than yourself; social work like this is now a popular choice for young city dwellers to spend their leisure time. Gao Peng volunteers at care centers for the elderly in his spare time. He helps with

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Katia: I'm doubting, I'm doubting if the whole Facebook and Twitter, if that's actually good. It seems like generations now are spending so much time in computers and virtually but not really doing outside activities so I wonder if there should be a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

07 Discussing Social Class GLOSSARY social class a large group of people who have approximately the same wealth(money), education, and social status (power and importance) * Do you think people in the upper social classes have an obligation to helppe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

In a study in The Harvard University Gazette called 'Social Activities Found to Prolong Life', scientists talk about the great importance of socializing as we get older. A healthy diet and regular exercise are the foundations of good health, but scie

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Margaret Mead Influenced How Social Scientists Understood Native Cultures ANNOUNCER: Margaret Mead Welcome to People in America from VOA Special English. Today, Sarah Long and Rich Kleinfeldt tell about one of the most influential social scientists o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

I joined a social club to make friends. How excited I was when I went to the social club. There is a name tap on everyone's clothes for knowing each other. We left our telephone numbers and addresses, so we could contact each other after the club.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

Economics Report - Using the Internet and Social Media to Search for a Job This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. The job market is more competitive than ever for millions of workers around the world. In America, one reason right now is th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Economics Report - 'You Are Your Brand:' Using Social Media to Find a Job This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Today we share some ideas for job hunters about presenting yourself online. 今

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-09 Social Media Support for IS Higher in Europe, US The further you are from violence in the Middle East, the more likely you are to have a good feeling about the Islamic State and express those opinions on social media. That finding

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Egyptian-born columnist, Mona Eltahawy, writes about Middle Eastern political affairs for a number of international newspapers Today, we continue looking at the question of whether new media - Facebook, blogging, tweeting - can bring democracy to the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

ILO: Social Protection a Human Right A new report says while the need for social protections is widely recognized, many people around the world dont have them. The International Labor Organization says less than 30-percent of the population has guara

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

A forum that discusses the spread of nutrition knowledge on new media has recently been convened in Beijing. This forum was held as Tencent's social messaging service WeChat has become the main information sharing source in China. Health regimes are

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

There seems to be so many social issues these days. Im sure the list of issues is ten times bigger than it was a few years ago. I just Googled social issues and found a list of 33 different issues. I suppose thats not a huge amount. One thing that su

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-S

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A demonstration last May against loneliness in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Signs read in Portuguese Tired of being alone, Couple now and I want to be in love. Loneliness has been linked to depression and oth

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

Brad和Pam邀请同事Jimmy下班后一起去酒吧,可Jimmy一再推辞,我们听听为什么。 Brad: Hey Jimmy, a couple of us are going out to Sam's Bar after work. Care to join us? Jimmy: Oh, um...thanks for the invitation, but I'm pretty ti

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语