Issuing a Public Apology Working in public relations, I often have to deal with my clients gaffes and blunders. My job is to calm any firestorm before it gets out of hand. One of the most important things to do whenever theres been a misstep is to is

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之商务英语

By Adam Freedman First, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your lawyer. In fact, we barely know each other. If you need personali

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

EDUCATION REPORT – May 9, 2002: Privatization of Public Schools By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Last month, a state committee voted to give control of forty-two p

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Americans have been watching the protests in the Middle East and North Africa -- and closer to home. Workers in Wisconsin, and now some other states, h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

This is Whats Trending Today. Chris Christie is the governor of the state of New Jersey. He has held the position since 2010. He is a well-known politician, and was one of several candidates who ran for the Republican Party nomination for the preside

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

The head of Britain's Secret Service, John Sawers, said torture is abhorrent and Britain has nothing to do with it. It was the first time a sitting head of Britain's Secret Intelligence Service - known as MI6 - has made a public speech. John Sawers t

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

During the past three years, China has adopted different reform measures in pilot government-run hospitals throughout the country. The core principle of the reform is to provide basic health care as a public service, including improving the way of se

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

A prestigious Chinese university has recently released a report, assessing the public service capacity of 19 municipal governments across China. The government of southern China's Guangzhou city ranks top of the list. The result has aroused controver

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Artificial intelligence has been a hot topic at the on-going 2018 North American International Auto Show, which will last until the 28th. Many auto industry insiders are suggesting that if anyone wants the technology to become a reality in the future

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Pre-Listening Vocabulary logo: symbol for a brand, company, event, or idea raise awareness: help people know or learn about something trademark: a name or symbol that only one person or group has the legal right to use public domain: not subject to c

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

by Michael W. Flynn Todays topic is nudity. But first, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in yo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Public Service Web Site By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, November 08, 2004 This is Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Report. The Internet is a system of electroni

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Supporters and opponents of a plan to transfer about 100 detainees from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to a prison in the U.S. state of Illinois attended a public hearing on the matter Tuesday. Kane Farabaugh | Sterling, Illinois 2

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. In Giles County, Virginia, the school board has removed displays of the Ten Commandments in its schools. The county thought that posting the Ten Commandments, along with the first part of the United S

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

The Gulf oil spill could lead to some serious public health problems, according to a new report released this week. As the environmental and economic disaster continues to unfold in the Gulf of Mexico following the April 20 explosion of the Deepwater

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

BP stock continues to suffer, having plunged to a 13-year low, even as the company tries to rescue its damaged reputation amid the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico with a $50 million public relations campaign. But most crisis management expert

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Lesson 83 Public 1.The table tennis match attracts the Chinese public . 2.This TV play attracted a large public . 3.I'm not used to speaking in public . 4.The parks are open to the public free of charge . 5.I don't want to be seen in public . 6.I alw

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

During the past three years, China has adopted different reform measures in pilot government-run hospitals throughout the country. The core principle of the reform is to provide basic health care as a public service, including improving the way of se

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Polls published on CCTV.com show the public is most concerned with medical and housing issues for the upcoming sessions of the NPC and the CPPCC. Education and an Olympic-driven boost to the Chinese economy are also high on the agenda. The annual se

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

A court in Beijing has announced its verdict for the first public-interest lawsuit regarding air pollution, which was initiated by prosecutors in Beijing. Beijing's No.4 Intermediate People's Court released the verdict on Tuesday, which coincides wit

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台