29A man who remains stiff-necked after many rebukes will suddenly be destroyed-without remedy. 2When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan. 3A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father, but a companion o

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

30The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh-an oracle : This man declared to Ithiel, to Ithiel and to Ucal: 2I am the most ignorant of men; I do not have a man's understanding. 3I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. 4Who has gone up

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

31The sayings of King Lemuel-an oracle his mother taught him: 2O my son, O son of my womb, O son of my vows, 3do not spend your strength on women, your vigor on those who ruin kings. 4It is not for kings, O Lemuel- not for kings to drink wine, not fo

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

Now, the VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. Today we explain more popular proverbs. A proverb is a short, well known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are popular around the world. Many listeners have sent us

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

22A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. 2Rich and poor have this in common: The Lord is the Maker of them all. 3A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

21The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord ; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases. 2All a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart. 3To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. 4Ha

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

20Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise. 2A king's wrath is like the roar of a lion; he who angers him forfeits his life. 3It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. 4A sluggar

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

4Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. 2I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. 3When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, 4he taught me and said

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

2My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, 2turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, 3and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4and if you look for it as for silver and sea

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

1The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: 2for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; 3for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; 4for giving prudence to the simple,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

Proverbs Tell How to Succeed in Life Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Today we explain more popular proverbs. A proverb is a short, well known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are popular around th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Old Proverbs Still Speak the Truth Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Today we explain more proverbs. A proverb is a short, well-known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are popular around the world. M

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Listeners Tell Their Favorite Proverbs Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. A proverb is a short, well known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Many proverbs give advice about the best way to live. We asked our l

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Proverbs Tell About Love, War and Money Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Today we talk about proverbs. A proverb is a short, well known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are found in most cultures a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Words and Their Stories: Proverbs, Part 1 词汇典故:美国常用谚语 1 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Today we talk about proverbs. A proverb is a short, wel

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

7My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. 2Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. 3Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 4Say to wisdom, You are my sister, and

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

9Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars. 2She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table. 3She has sent out her maids, and she calls from the highest point of the city. 4Let all who are simple come in

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster we have part two of our look at proverbs in American English. RS: We continue our conversation with Wolfgang Mieder, a professor of German and folklore at the University of Vermont

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: proverbs in American English. RS: It's tempting to call Wolfang Mieder the proverbial expert from out-of-town. A professor of German and folklore at the University of Vermont, he

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Broadcast: November 17, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster we have part two of our look at proverbs in American English. RS: We continue our conversation with Wolfgang Mieder, a professor of German and folklore

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)