New Theories on Keeping Slim Looking for my book, that’s what you do when you write a book. I can’t find mine; all I can find are 1)dirty novels, cookbooks and 2)diet books. Year after year cookbo

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

你的笑点在哪里?你的痛点怎么这么低?类似这样的话题在网络上随处可见。是的,这是近两年网络上又新生的一种说法,用点来形容能够让自己各种感受迸发的底线。那么,你知道英文里是怎么

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

李华在帮彼得森教授看孩子。她急着打电话给Larry求助。李华今天要学两个常用语,pee and poo和handful. LH: Hi, Larry, this is Li Hua. 你能告诉我pee and poo是什么意思吗? LL: Sure, Li Hua, but first you have t

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Larry和李华在咖啡店里买咖啡。李华今天要学两个常用语,newbie和been around. LL: Wow, it seems to be taking a long time for this guy to get our coffee made. Maybe he is a newbie. LH: A newbie? 你说他是新来的? LL: Right.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Larry下班后,跟李华一起去喝咖啡。今天我们要学两个常用语:brutal和rager. LH: Larry, 怎么样,今天上班忙不忙? LL: Oh it was way brutal. LH: Brutal? Brutal 不是粗暴、残忍的意思吗? LL: Here it means har

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Larry星期五提前下班,去学校接李华。今天我们要学两个常用语:a pretty penny和sure-fire. LL: (Bike bells ring) Hi, Li Hua, I'm right over here! LH: Larry, 你怎么骑着自行车就跑来了,不是说好开你的新车来接

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

李华和Larry在夏威夷渡假,俩人出海钓鱼。今天我们要学两个常用语:off the hook和go overboard. LH: Larry, 我总算明白你为什么这么喜欢钓鱼了,撒下诱饵,就歇着了。 LL: Yeah, isn't fishing great? You g

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

李华在图书馆里埋头读书,为下个月的博士资格考试做准备。她今天要学两个常用语,quals和in the bag. LL: So, Li Hua, how is the studying for your quals going? I can hardly see you behind those stacks of books. LH: My

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

李华到中国去做研究,要走三个月,热恋中的Larry十分思念李华。李华的好友王小燕打电话给Larry安慰他。 (Phone Rings) LL: Hello. XY: Hi, Larry. 我是李华的朋友小燕。你好吗? LL: Well, Gee whiz! Xiaoyan

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

李华和Larry在公园散步。最近全球性的经济衰退,让Larry忧心忡忡。今天我们要学两个常用语: do-or-die和 to crater. LL: Well, Li Hua, I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your job. But I can't help worrying about th

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

The concert was really great! I agree. The singer used to be very popular. I can't believe they would play so good.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

It's really relaxing, this style of holiday. On the boat your (phone) signal might not be very good, so it's a different way of living, not looking at your phone every day. It's like a utopia. Very relaxing. This is the first time we've been on a cru

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chinese philosophy has become the third most popular course at Harvard University, behind Intro to Computer Science and Intro to Economics, according to the New York Times. 据《纽约时报》报道,在哈佛大学,中国哲学仅次于计算机科

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A: Hey daddy! You look great today; I like your tie! By the way, I was wondering can I B: NO! A: I havent even told you what it is yet! B: Okay, okay, what do you want? A: Do you think I could borrow the car? Im going to a concert tonight. B: Um.. I

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

out of my league 配不上 I want to ask her out for a movie, but she is out of my league. 我想约她看电影,但是我压根儿配不上她。 He is so good-looking and popular that I feel he is out of my league. 他长得那么好,又那么受

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Listen to the dialogues and check what they say is an excuse or a reason. 英语对话1 A:You got to spare up your time for some exercisel B:Mum, I don't have time to. I often work overtime in the office. 英语对话2 A:Lily, what happened to you, I

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力练习题

你的笑点在哪里?你的痛点怎么这么低?类似这样的话题在网络上随处可见。是的,这是近两年网络上又新生的一种说法,笑点不同怎么做朋友?那么,你知道英文里是怎么表达笑点的吗? HHP is a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

So my name is Amy Webb, and a few years ago I found myself at the end of yet another fantastic relationship that came burning down in a spectacular fashion. And I thought, you know, what's wrong with me? I don't understand why this keeps happening. S

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Self-service libraries are becoming increasingly popular with Beijing residents, with 50 having sprung up across the city over the past year and 100 more are expected to open in the coming months. 自助图书馆受到北京市民的欢迎。过去一年

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

饶舌:B.o.B - Fame 相关介绍 :他起初是一个一直给很多说唱大佬唱伴唱和桥段的幕后歌手,凭借着自身的努力,终于厚积而薄发,出了一张可以令他从幕后走到台前的专辑。首播主打《Nothin' On

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯