Experts: Polio Could Again Spread Worldwide Thanks to an effective vaccine, the polio virus has disappeared from most of the world. But, a few cases remain in areas that are among the most difficult to reach. 得益于一种有效的疫苗,脊髓灰质

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Community members are honouring the victims of the deadly shooting at Fordhood.A church just outside the Texas military base held a service today for the three soldiers killed.It's the second fatal shooting there in the past five years.Speaking on Fo

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

India recently celebrated a year of being polio-free. This is a remarkable achievement in a country that until recently was recognized as the worlds epicenter of polio. Indias momentous accomplishment is boosting prospects of polio becoming only the

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年2月

巴基斯坦开始遏制小儿麻痹症病毒蔓延 Pakistan is moving quickly to try to contain the polio virus after the World Health Organization imposed international travel restrictions on anyone coming from the polio endemic country. Health wor

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年5月

肯尼亚天主教反对消除小儿麻痹症运动 In recent years, the international campaign to rid the world of polio has been hampered in some Muslim countries by claims from some clerics that the polio vaccine is really an undercover campaign t

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年8月

In late March 1996, soon after I had moved to Stanford for grad school, my Dad had difficultly breathing and was driven to the hospital. Two months later, he died. I was completely devastated. Many years later, after a startup, after falling in love,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

今天我们要学的词是hard sell。 Hard sell, 意思是很难推销出去的,很难被人接受的。国际奥委会星期五宣布2016年夏季奥运会主办城市。The Spanish Prime Minister admitted that Madrid's bid is a hard sell, 西班牙

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Broadcast: May 13, 2003 by Caty Weaver VOICE ONE: I'm Sarah Long with Bob Doughty, and this is the VOA Special English program, SCIENCE IN THE NEWS. VOICE TWO: Today--a new warning about body weight a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-健康资讯

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Mars Once Had Moving Plates Like Earth Has Now By Katherine Gypson, Cynthia Kirk and Karen Leggett Broadcast: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Doctors Treat Brain Cancer With Polio From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle Report. Researchers say a virus once feared around the world can help to treat some kinds of cancer in the brain. The researchers are with the Duke Universi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – February 25, 2002: Measles in Africa By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Five leading public health organizations have announced a campaign to reduc

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

AS IT IS 2015-03-12 Pakistan Arrests Parents for Refusing Polio Vaccines 巴基斯坦逮捕拒绝为孩子接种脊髓灰质炎疫苗的父母 Pakistan has arrested hundreds of parents and ordered police to arrest hundreds more for failing to coopera

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Sudan targets the vaccination of six million children in its latest campaign against polio after the disease reappeared in the African country in 2008. Sudan's new vaccination campaign against polio, which is aimed at reaching six million children, i

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

A new polio vaccine gives hopes that the disease can be completely eradicated. Polio can cause severe deformities and paralysis in children. The number of polio cases worldwide has dropped by over 99 percent in recent years because of a global vaccin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

Researchers: Immunization Efforts Falling Short Researchers said that despite progress immunizing African children against disease, vaccination efforts are falling far short of whats needed. They warn that vaccine supply and cost need urgent attentio

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Global Immunization: Despite Successes, Much More To Do Measles is one of the leading causes of childhood deaths worldwide. Not only does measles kill, but it can leave children blind, deaf or developmentally disabled, even while they are still in th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

The man leading Afghanistan's efforts to negotiate peace with the Taliban has been killed by a suicide bomber at his home in the capital Kabul. Burhanuddin Rabbani, a former president of Afghanistan, was meeting two members of the Taliban at the time

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Indonesia Sets National Days to Protect Children From Polio By Karen Leggett Broadcast: Monday, August 22, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. Mo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Polio Cases Rise in Indonesia 印尼小儿麻痹症患者数量有所上升 Polio has stricken dozens of children in Indonesia and is continuing to spread. The government is preparing for a national i

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--环境科学探索

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: As we near the end of 2013, NPR is taking a look at the numbers that tell the story of this past year; numbers that if you really understand them, can give insight into the world we're living in right now. Over the next two weeks

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习