I'm Always Dreaming Of You remember noticing you no one knew that i was looking at you kept a disguise, for fear inside you didn't feel it too couldn't tell you what it was you did your presence made

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 100首英语歌

New Wildfire Starts Near Los Angeles A dangerous wildfire has started in the Bel Air area of Los Angeles, California, as firefighters battle three other fires across Southern California. The latest wildfire reached the side of the busy Interstate 405

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

HOUSTON, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- Former NBA star Yao Ming was officially named Goodwill Ambassador of the U.S. city of Houston Friday by the city's mayor at a ceremony here. Yao, the former Rockets center who lived in Houston for ten years, was also give

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是prestigious。 Prestigious声名显赫的。The Lasker Awards, one of the most prestigious prizes in medicine, is being rewarded to scientists working on stem cells and leukemia, and to New York's mayor for his fight to cut

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

The Elephant Vanishes WHEN THE ELEPHANT disappeared from our towns elephant house, I read about it in the newspaper. My alarm clock woke me that day, as always, at 6:13. I went to the kitchen, made coffee and toast, turned on the radio, spread the pa

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

今天我们要学的词是on the job。 On the job, 意思是上班的时候。 The new mayor hit the ground running his first day on the job, 新市长走马上任第一天就投入了紧张的工作。 美国最近连续发生了好几起航空管制

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

和脚有关的三个俗语 Jump in and get your feet wet:到实践中去学习取得经验。 To get off on the wrong foot:某人一开始就没给人一个好印象,或一开始由于某种行为而把事情弄糟了。 to put your foot in yo

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Katie Couric:...want you to meet someone a lot closer to home, Michael Sessions. He is a high school senior, but his biggest headache isn't the prom or even math class, although recently for him , lif

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

厄瓜多尔滑坡14人被埋 QUITO, April 24 (Xinhua) -- A total of 14 people were buried by a landslide which occurred Tuesday night in Ecuador's coastal province of Esmeraldas, and six bodies have been recovered, official sources said Wednesday. A

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

ISTANBUL There have been more clashes in Turkey's capital, Ankara, between anti-government protesters and security forces, as civil unrest in the country continues. The prime minister condemned the protesters and called for calm. Protests are also co

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

MOSCOW, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Early elections of the Moscow mayor will be held on Sept. 8, the City Duma said Friday. This will be the first time in a decade that Moscovites could choose their mayor by a popular vote. So far, the mayor was appointed by

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has ended the citywide overnight curfew as protesters hold another rally against police violence outside city hall. Baltimore was in turmoil last week after the funeral for Freddie Gray -- the African American

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, March 6 (Xinhua) -- Beijing Mayor Wang Anshun on Wednesday said the capital will work hard to cool down rapid urban expansion in order to address traffic congestion, pollution and resource scarcity. We will make efforts to control Beijing's

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Toronto Mayor to stay in office until appeal hearing

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是let somebody down。 To let somebody down, 有未履行承诺,让某人失望的意思。 The newly elected Mayor promised he will not let the voters down, 新当选的市长保证说,自己绝对不会让选民失望。

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Cyclists in Paris are to be allowed to ride through some red lights in a bid by the mayors office to get more people on their bikes. 在巴黎骑自行车的人将被允许闯一些红灯,市长办公室此举是为了鼓励更多的人骑自行车。

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

One day before the tenth anniversary of the September 11th terror attacks, President Barack Obama is paying tribute to those who were lost that day, those who tried to save their lives, and members of the military. Meanwhile, New Yorks former mayor s

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Tiare paused to take breath. 蒂阿瑞停下来喘了一口气。 It was then he told me of his wife in England. 就在这个时候,他告诉我他在英国是有老婆的。 'My poor Strickland,' I said to him, 'they've all got a wife somewhere; t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Lexington 莱克星顿 Mr Castro goes to Washington 卡斯特罗来到华盛顿 A rising Hispanic star ponders how to reconcile Americans with the federal government 一颗冉冉升起拉美裔的新星思考如何协调美国人与联邦政府之间的

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Cycling in London 骑行在伦敦 Wheel ambition 车轮上的野心 Gradually, the capital is becoming a better place for cyclists 渐渐地,首都变成了一个更适宜骑行的地方 TWO things are commonly seen atop the head of Boris Johnson,

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列