Rob: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. I'm Rob and with me is Finn. Finn: Rob: Finn? Are you ok? Finn: (breathes out) Ahhh 49 seconds I was just holding my breath! Rob: A new hobby of yours, Finn? Finn: Well today we're

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

I was in Congo in February, 二月份的时候我在刚果, dancing and celebrating with women who've survived the destruction of their selves in literally unthinkable ways 与那些自我曾遭受难以想象的毁灭的女人们一起跳舞庆祝,

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Mike: So Dusty, your background is in Marine Biology. Is that right? Dusty: Yes. Mike: You're kind of a marine biologist. Dusty: Mm-hm. Mike: You've mentioned before yesterday, we're at the aquarium, you mentioned that you've done work with sea turtl

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Idiom: On the tip of your tongue 话到嘴边却忘记了,突然说不上来 Hit the book: Take part in Mission Analyse Marine Expertise Look upon vocation

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

THIS IS AMERICA - More Americans Take on the Physical Test of Marathon RacesBy Mario Ritter Broadcast: Monday, November 27, 2006 VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

The president laid out his strategy, but Congress wants to find out more about the mission. Right now, the Senate Arm Services Committee is hearing testimony in fact on Afghanistan. We listened earlier to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, we are now wa

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-second Science, I am Karen Hopkin. This'll just take a minute. Methane is a greenhouse gas that traps heat even better than carbon dioxide. It comes from a variety of sources, including fossil fuel production and even

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration [NOAA], spends most of its time trying to understand and predict changes in the environment, along with conserving and managing coastal and marine resources. But its scientific expertise also just made

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Marathons By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, April 12, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Special English. I'm Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve E

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

1. President Barack Obama is on the road. He was greeted in St. Paul, Minn, by the state's governor and congressional delegation. The White House says the three-day bus tour through Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois will focus exclusively on the economy.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

Fran?ois Hollande announced on Thursday night that he would not run for a second term in next years French presidential elections. 弗朗索瓦.奥朗德(Fran?ois Hollande)周四晚宣布,他不会在明年的法国总统选举中谋求连任。 Th

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China has conducted a nationwide campaign to crack down on refined oil smuggling. As of Friday, more than two thousand marine police, anti-smuggling police and armed policemen in eight cities have captured more than 250 suspects and seized 440-thousa

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China has full picture of coastal water resources BEIJING, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- China on Friday officially concluded an eight-year-long national marine survey, giving the country a true picture of its coastal water resources. Launched by the State Oce

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

HOUSTON, July 24 (Xinhua) -- An out-of-control natural gas well ignited a fire on a rig off the coast of the U.S. state of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico, and the raging blaze has caused its production platform to collapse, authorities said on Wedne

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

One of the busiest times of the year at Arzal marina on the coast of western France is a wooden sailing-boat festival in early summer. 初夏时节的木制帆船节是法国西部海岸阿尔扎码头一年中最繁忙的时期。 Hundreds of enthus

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: Well, as we mentioned earlier, there's been a passionate reaction to Jim Fallows' piece. And joining me now to discuss it is former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq James Jeffrey. You heard Margaret mention him. He's a former Army infantry offi

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Don't work for money 不做有才华的穷人 The world is filled with smart, talented, educated and gifted people. We meet them every day. A few days ago, my car was not running well. I pulled it into a garage, and the young mechanic had it fixed in

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

金融英语考试辅导:常见保险条款英语(2) 保险条款4 (31)livestock poultry insurance clauses (by sea, land or air)。 活牲畜、家禽的海上、陆上、航空保险条款。 (32)risks clauses of the P.I.C.C. subject t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

This time last year, I wrote that I have a nightmare vision for 2017: President Trump, President Le Pen, President Putin. 去年这个时候,我写道,我对2017年有一个噩梦般的想象:特朗普总统、勒庞总统,普京总统。 So,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

日本名护市市长开始竞选 TOKYO, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- Candidates started their official campaign on Sunday to compete for the mayor of Nago, an election which may affect the relocation of a U.S. military base in Okinawa. It will be a race betw

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻