'Fab Lab' Igniting Revolution in Kenya NAIROBI, KENYA The University of Nairobis Science and Technology Park is banking on 3-D prototyping to spark a manufacturing revolution in the country. This is the 3D MakerBot printer in action. The machine is a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

Todd: Alex, when you were little, what did you like to do? 艾利克斯,你小时候喜欢做什么? Alex: When I was small and I was in junior high school we used to like playing soccer with my friends. Actually in Kenya, what's different from o

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - November 8, 2002: Kenya Lion Cares for Oryx By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Scientists do not understand the unusual actions of a female lion i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

At this time next year, Kenyans are hoping for a new constitution, implemented under reformed government institutions. When it comes to politicians, though, Kenyans are long-accustomed to disappointment. Alan Boswell | Nairobi 15 December 2009 Kenyan

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 22 December 2006 The meaning and expression of Christmas is changing in Kenya, with more and more people buying expensive gifts and many choosing to stay in the city or go to the coast rather than travel to the country vill

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 09 January 2008 African Union leader John Kufuor, held talks with Kenya's president and opposition leader in Nairobi in a bid to break a post-election deadlock that has inflamed ethnic tensions to violent levels. VOA Corresponde

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Swiss Firm Seeks Carbon Credits in Kenya with Clean Water The purchase and sale of carbon credits are relatively new concepts in Africa, accounting for less than three percent of the $144 billion global carbon credit trade. The system is designed to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Kenya Faces Criticism Over Nationals Detained in Uganda Pressure is mounting on the Kenyan government to seek the release of eight human rights activists being detained in Uganda in connection with the July terrorist attacks in Kampala. In the past f

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Judges at the International Criminal Court have issued summonses for the six Kenyans suspected of organizing the country's post-election violence over three years ago. More than two months after the ICC prosecutor, Luis Moreno-Ocampo, revealed the so

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Food shortages are looming in Kenya as last season's lighter-than-normal rains begin to affect harvests in the arid north. As Kenya begins its annual dry season, there are mounting fears of crop failure and a shortages of food for residents in the dr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

The success of the M-Pesa mobile money system in Kenya is attracting the attention of development experts, aid organizations and companies seeking to replicate its effectiveness. An award-winning advertisement for M-Pesa shows money flying from a smi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

Kenya and Tanzania step up port rivalry [Source: Railway Pro] Kenya and Tanzania are presently caught in a head-to-head race to become the most preferred transport hub amid massive expansion projects in sea ports, connecting railway and road networks

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

As Kenya becomes increasingly wired to the Internet, problems are cropping up regarding security and safety. Of particular concern are dangers about exploitation and harassment of children. To that end, a children's organization, the Kenyan governmen

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

The political turmoil in Kenya has been the central theme at the opening session of an African Union summit in Addis Ababa. U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon leaves Friday for Nairobi to join efforts to calm Kenya's ethnic tensions. 肯尼亚的政治

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年2月

Joe DeCapua 02 April 2010 Kenya has announced it will re-double efforts to control diarrheal diseases, one of the biggest killers of children under age five. Among the causes are unsafe water, as well as poor sanitation and hygiene. Kenyan ministries

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

By Derek Kilner Nairobi 13 April 2008 Kenyan president Mwai Kibaki has announced the formation of a new power-sharing government, including his main rival in December's elections, Raila Odinga, as prime minister. The announcement breaks a deadlock th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

We have clearly indicated that those are our tanks and they are. I do no know where they are getting those things.- Kenya's Defense Ministry Spokesman Bogita Ongeri The Kenyan government has dismissed a report by a Swiss research institute that says

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Todd: Alex, when you were little, what did you like to do? Alex: When I was small and I was in junior high school we used to like playing soccer with my friends. Actually in Kenya, what's different from other countries, we used to make our own soccer

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 03 January 2008 Kenya's opposition leaders have called off a mass rally that had been scheduled for Thursday in Nairobi to protest alleged vote rigging in last week's presidential election. Before the march was called off police

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 06 October 2009 Mobile phones in Kenya can be used to transfer funds In Kenya, sending money home to villages and farms from the city used to be problematic. Many people in rural areas do not have access to banking, making

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十月)