As smartphone maker Xiaomi prepares for its initial public offering in Hong Kong, the company has now surpassed Samsung in the Indian market to become the market leader for smartphones in the country. At this mobile phone store in Mumbai, Xiaomi smar

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Pakistan has promised to continue working with the United States in fighting terrorism and ending unrest in Afghanistan. But Pakistani officials say any political or military role for India in Afghanistan will be unacceptable. Prime Minister Shahid K

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(241) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS - E-commerce in India Today, we travel to India, where millions of people are sitting at their computers, just waiting to buy something new. Also, well go to California to hear about industrial robots and American workers. If you have a prod

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

IN THE NEWS - India Elections By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, May 15, 2004 This is Steve Ember with In the News in VOA Special English. India's Congress Party has defeated the party of Prime Mini

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(237) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

The endangered tiger is making resurgence in India. A recent census indicates(表明) the number of tigers has risen in the South Asian nation, which is home to half the world's population of the big cats. Using hidden cameras and DNA tests, census d

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Results day in India 印度大选揭晓日 The counting should be swift and the results known quickly Counting has begun in India as the marathon general election in the world's largest democracy finally draws to a close. The ruling Congress-led alliance

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. car maker Ford will invest nearly $1 billion to establish a new automobile plant in India. Ford is the latest in a series of foreign automakers that are seeking to take advantage of one of the worlds fastest growing passenger car markets. Fords

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A new Indian oil refinery near its border with Pakistan could boost trade between the two countries through fuel sales. The South Asian rivals are hoping that stepped up trade will help the reconciliation process. The $4 billion refinery near Bhatind

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

American-style football is seeking an entry into India. But it is unclear whether a country that has a single-minded obsession with cricket will take to this all-American sport. That's because although American-style football ranks among the top favo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

India's powerful lower house of parliament has passed a landmark anti-corruption bill that seeks to create an independent ombudsman with powers to investigate corruption charges against bureaucrats and politicians. The bill was passed Tuesday followi

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Indias southern state of Kerala has passed a law allowing people to seek compensation(补偿) from U.S. soft drink company Coca Cola for alleged damages caused by a bottling plant. The companys Indian subsidiary has expressed disappointment at the le

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

My name is Jeff Eagar. I'm from Canada but I just spent six months in India and I love India. I think India is my favorite country in the whole world. India is very interesting. It's real life. It's the good and the bad, and the rich and the poor, an

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd:Hello, Nitya. (Hi) How are you today? (Great) Now, Nitya, can you talk a little a bit about where are you from? Nitya: OK, I'm from India, the Northern part of India, and from a very small city, but the oldest one in India. It's considered a ver

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A trade mission from the United States is in India to explore the potential of a market where a buoyant(轻快的) economy and a growing middle class have American companies looking to take advantage of a huge business opportunity. Representative

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Coca-Cola says it will invest $5 billion in India by 2020 - nearly triple more than originally planned - as it looks to capitalize on the growing market in the South Asian country. CEO Muhtar Kent said in a statement Tuesday that the additional $3 bi

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

My name is Jeff Eagar. I'm from Canada but I just spent six months in India and I love India. I think India is my favorite country in the whole world. India is very interesting. It's real life. It's the good and the bad, and the rich and the poor, an

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

India's e-commerce sector is on the rise. Given the country's large population and the fact that more and more Indians are getting access to the Internet, investors are keenly eyeing the opportunities. American retailer Walmart is among those looking

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Usha Chaumar was born to a poor famil

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Indians are great people. I love Indians. They are very happy and very fun, and very welcoming people even though Indians are poor, many Indians are poor, they're still very nice, and when you go to Indian, India, the Indians welcome you there, and t

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂