A: I'm going to have to do some shopping today. B: Oh yeah? What do you need to go shopping for? A: I want to find a new bedroom set. B: Do you know where you're going to find your bedroom set? A: I have no clue. B: There's no particular place that y

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

Energy from sunlight is now providing electricity to Syrian refugees at a camp in Jordan. The Azraq camp is the first in the world to completely operate on clean energy, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency, or UNHCR. The new power center u

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Efforts to avert the fiscal cliff are underway in the United States. President Barack Obama has met top US lawmakers, seeking a deal to head off a looming across the board tax hikes and spending cuts that could push the economy back into recession. I

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

A: I need to find a new furniture set for my living room. B: Where are you going to find one? A: I have no idea. B: Do you want to know where I bought mine? A: Where did you get it from? B: I got it from IKEA. A: How much did it cost you? B: It cost

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 购物-Shopping

宜家的创始人英格瓦.坎普拉德出生在瑞典南部的斯马兰。 IKEA is a Swedish furniture and home products retailer that has stores all over the world. It is famous for well-priced flat pack furniture that customers assemble at home.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名牌博览

IKEA Group, the Swedish self-assembly budget furniture chain, is joining a growing number of multinational retailers aiming to tap China's online market. 日前,瑞典自组装平价家具连锁店宜家集团即将加入旨在进军中国网络市场

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: OK, so Shona, what did you do this morning? Shona: This morning? So far today, I went to the supermarket and bought some muesli. Had my breakfast, which was the first muesli I've had in a few weeks, so I was quite enjoying that, and then I went

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

DNA Tests Prove Worms in Sardine Cans are Kosher Let's say one day you're opening up a can of sardines and you come across a worm. It is not as unusual as you might think. Unfortunately, recently, it hasn't been unusual at all, noted Rabbi Chaim Loik

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Ikea is recalling millions of dressers that can tip over and are being blamed for the deaths of three children. 因有翻倒的危险,并被指责造成三个儿童死亡之后,宜家公司正在召回数百万架抽屉柜。 The dressers have be

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Its hard to be the bearer of bad news, but most of IKEAs print and digital glam shots of picturesque rooms and products are wait for it fake. 虽然不想带来坏消息,但事实是,宜家的产品目录中那些展示房间布局和产品的美轮

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

有人说,宜家就像是成年人的巨大玩具城堡。为什么我们喜欢买需要自己动手组装的宜家家具呢?因为人们自己制作产品时,会产生对这一产品的依恋感和自豪感,这就是宜家效应。 The Ikea

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Over the years, IKEA has listened to customers' desire for more plant-based options: In 2015, they introduced a vegan version of their iconic meatballs, and in early 2019, they'll be rolling out vegan hot dogs in the U.S. stores. 这些年来,IKEA一

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A: I have to find a living room set. B: Where are you planning on looking for one? A: I don't know. B: I can tell you where I got mine. A: Where did you go to find yours? B: IKEA has beautiful furniture. A: Does the furniture from IKEA cost a lot? B:

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

【NPR边听边练】致力于提供新鲜有趣、饶有意味的时讯资料,致力于通过精听的方式促进听力提高,致力于不断开阔眼界和深入了解美国观点。 精听建议: 先完整地把一条新闻听一到三遍,争

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Topic1-Going to Black Market to Buy Cheap Medicines at High Price Protamine Sulfate Injection, a cheap but necessary medicine for heart surgery, has often been out of stock around the country since 5 years ago. Desperate patients go to the black mark

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

In this podcast, we meet the expression the trouble is that (which means the problem is that.). We also discover several different ways of getting things wrong upside down, back to front and inside out. Kevin and Joanne sat on their sofa and looked a

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

What a stupid thing to say.I bet I could take her if I had enought time. 说的什么蠢话 我一定能拿下他 给我点时间 A man posted a YouTube video of himself taping Mentose to his entire body, 一名男子发布了一段视频 他往自己身

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

Topic1 Liu Xiang retiresLiu Xiang, China's Olympic gold medal-winning hurdler, announced his retirement on Tuesday. Liu has been one of China's brightest sports stars since he startled the athletics world by winning gold in the 110-meter hurdles at t

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

今天我们要学的词是 overtake. Overtake 做为动词,有超过的意思。美国人口普查局公布的最新数字显示,Immigrants from China and India have overtaken Mexicans as the largest groups coming into the U.S. 来自中国和印度

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. The Syrian crisis is nominating John Kerry's agenda, his day will trip overseas as secretary of state. Today in Britain, Kerry called on Syrain opposition leaders to meet him in Roma to discuss whether

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(352) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台2月