AGRICULTURE REPORT - Scientists Clone Pigs to Make Omega-3 Fatty AcidsBy Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 I'm Faith Lapidus with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Scientists s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

76 关于基因工程食品的网络法规 DATE=7-26-01 TITLE=SCIENCE REPORT - Rules for Genetically Engineered Foods BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 01'02

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(199) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

减肥的方法有很多种,比较常见的减肥方法有做运动,节食,吃减肥药等,近日在科学家的研究中发现绿茶也有助于减肥,一起来看看吧! The benefits of green tea might include blocking fat and keeping e

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Britain's first bus powered by human waste has taken to the streets. 近日,英国首辆靠人类粪便供能的新型环保巴士正式上路。 The 40-seater 'Bio-Bus' is fuelled by biomethane gas, generated by the treatment of sewage and food wa

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Most believe looks and personality play major roles when searching for a potential match, but a new dating app claims the key to finding your soul-mate is by their smell. 大多数人认为,在寻找意中人时,长相和个性占据着主导地位

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

WASHINGTON, April 21 (Xinhua) -- U.S. researchers said Monday that muscle weakness from long-term alcoholism may be due to an inability of mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells, to self- repair. In research conducted with rats, the researchers found

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A gene that controls how long we sleep has been discovered by scientists explaining why some people have their own internal alarm clock. Scientists identified a gene called ABCC9 that can reduce the length of time we sleep. The same gene has previous

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Don't blame genes for aging facial skin. A new study of twins suggests you can blame those coarse wrinkles, brown or pink spots, and dilated blood vessels on too much time in the sun, smoking, and being overweight. 皮肤老化?别怪基因。一项针

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A shortage of genes could be to blame for the lack of height in short people, researchers have found. Two studies involving 12,000 people has been carried out in America and found a link between the amount of missing genetic material and a decrease i

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The rogue, like the artist and perhaps the gentleman, belongs to no class. 社会油子和艺术家或者绅士相同,是不属于哪一个阶级的; He is not embarrassed by the sans gene of the hobo, nor put out of countenance by the etiquette

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Okay. 好了 So what is the daf-2 gene? 那么daf-2基因到底是什么? Well as you know, genes, which are part of the DNA, 正如大家所知,基因是DNA的一部分 they're instructions to make a protein that does something. 它们是经编码

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

So how can a hormone ultimately affect the rate of aging? 那么,激素到底是怎样影响衰老的速度呢? How could that work? 原理是什么呢? Well it turns out that in the daf-2 mutants, 原来在daf-2变异体中 a whole lot of gene

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Have you ever wanted to stay young a little longer 大家有没有想过要年轻再久一点 and put off aging? 延缓衰老呢? This is a dream of the ages. 这是很久以来的梦想了 But scientists have for a long time 不过科学家以前一

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Some people in life can see whole worlds in small things. Hugh Rienhoff can see it in a molecule called transforming growth factor-beta 3. In 2003, his daughter, Beatrice, was born with a few noticeable abnormalities. Her eyes were

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

When I was growing up in Montana, I had two dreams. I wanted to be a paleontologist, a dinosaur paleontologist, and I wanted to have a pet dinosaur. And so that's what I've been striving for all of my life. I was very fortunate early in my career. I

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Mitochondria and male lifespan 粒腺体影响男性寿命 Power down 粒腺体阻断 Women outlive men. An evolutionary curiosity may explain this 女性比男性寿命长久。欲知为何,请看进化学分解 Mankiller? 男性健康杀手? WH

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Ive often wondered how exactly sleep, or lack of it , can have such a devastating effect on our bodies and, guess what, how much we sleep switches good genes on and bad genes off. 我时常思考,睡眠的充足与否会对我们的身体健康带来

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Indian health officials have rejected a new medical study warning of widespread drug-resistant bacteria in the country's capital. But the co-author of the study says Delhi is in denial, and warns the bacteria can spread easily around the world, possi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It's defying the law of gravity。 这违背了万有引力定律。 - Gene Munster, a Piper Jaffray analyst, on the record 8.8 million iPhone sales in the three months that ended on March 27; the sales pushed Apple's net income up by 90% and sent sh

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

WASHINGTON, April 16 (Xinhua) -- Researchers at the University of Colorado (CU) have found that lack of a specific gene interrupts neural tube closure, a condition that can cause death or paralysis. The study was the cover story this week in the jour

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻